A great little eclectic store that carries a great variety of indulgent items for both myself and anyone I want to give a unique gift to. Staff is helpful in answering questions - especially if you're like myself and maybe not as cultured as others.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
The White CamelliaAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
Tue - Sat11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- General Info:
- In a city rich with history, a city that loves to celebrate life, there is a unique store that will inspire and excite you The White Camellia. We are located in the heart of Uptown New Orleans, surrounded by beautiful architecture. The White Camellia presents you with some of the most affordable and unusual gift and garden ideas in New Orleans. Micaela Kelly Bennett, fondly known as Kell to her friends and family, launched her first retail shop in Paris, France in 1974. Upon moving back to the United States, she married and had a daughter, and enjoyed being a corporate wife and mother. When her daughter graduated from high school, Kell felt she needed to fill a long, unfulfilled creative void in her life since leaving Paris. With an eye for the unusual, a Fine Arts background and her early adult years spent in Europe, she now brings us the enchanting White Camellia. When you come to our shop, we will welcome you to our garden of gifts and home dcor. ~Kell When you enter the shop you will know that Kell loves beautiful things inspired by nature. From the pale celery-colored walls to the abundance of flowers and the fragrance of French ceramic potpourri filling the air, you will immediately feel the essence of the store. Fill your home with the drama and beauty of our life-like artificial floral stems, a wide assortment of vases and containers, including unique aged moss pots and classic fiber-clay planters for your porch or patio.
- POLYSILK FLORALS * ARRANGEMENTS * PRESERVED BOXWOODS * VESSELS * CANDLES * DIFFUSERS *GOURMET FOODS * STATUARY * PLANTERS * FURNITURE * SPECIALTY BOOKS * In the secret garden you will find stone dining and coffee tables, stone statuary made in the U.S., metal orbs to enhance your garden or train a vine and other one-of-a-kind artistic pieces. Kell Bennett has created an enchanting spot to visit reminiscent of her years in Paris and her passion lies in bringing you unique items for home, family and gifts for all ages. COME IN TODAY ! Kell loves to meet new friends ! Brands Carried by The White Camellia: Candles are Dayna Decker*, Kobo*, Etal. Bath & Body: Worker B*, Mistral. Linens: Mary Lake Thompson*, Aimee's Linens*, Designs By Beverly*. Totes & Small Luggage: Cinda B.*. Gourmet: New Canaan Farms*, The Spicewood Food Co.*, L'Epicurien-France, Edmond Falot-France, Bernard Michaud-France, Comptoirs & Compagnies, Herbs de Provence. Garden: Esschert, Park Hill, Pruners by Drumm, Garden Works, Elegant Earth*, NAPA, Campo di Fiori, Tula Hats. Books: Pelican, Rizolli, Hachette, Chene, Gathering of Friends. Paper Products: Kitchen Papers*, Compendium, Blackbird Press*, Pistachip Press*, La Fleur Papier*, Faux Designs*. Kids: Swinging On A Star, Compendium, Empress Arts*, ORE, Baby & Cie. Table & Bar: La Cadeaux, Soiree Home, Corkcicle, Charles Viancic, Casafina. Floral: K&K Interiors, Allstate, Park Hill, Gold Eagle, The French Bee. *Products Made in the USA.
- Payment method:
- mastercard, check, cash, amex, debit, discover, visa
- Magazine Street & Austerlitz
- Friendly,courteous staff
- English, French
Magazine St. Merchant's Association (MSMA)
- Home Decor, Gift Shops, Garden Centers, Artificial Flowers, Plants & Trees, Boutique Items, Patio & Outdoor Furniture, Food Products