Royal Antiques LtdAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Royal Antiques, located at 309 Royal Street in the French Quarter, is a fourth generation family business specializing in 17th, 18th and 19th century English, French and Continental furniture and decorative accessories. We also have a fabulous collection of antique and estate jewelry. With over 20,000 square feet of showrooms, Royal Antiques has one of the largest selections in the country of fine traditional and provincial furniture. The business was founded in 1899 by Hermina Keil, who came to Louisiana from Alsace-Lorraine, Germany and settled on Royal Street. In her obituary, Hermina Keil was said to be a veteran antique dealer who counted among her customers, Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. She became an authority on antiques, particularly rare furniture, silver and antique jewelry. People from all over the country consulted her regarding the authenticity of certain pieces. Her son, Morris Keil, grew up above the store on Royal Street. He was a great entrepr eneur and he loved the French Quarter. Today, his daughter, Nanette Keil Shapiro runs Royal Antiques with her husband, Lester and the next generation Leslee and Neil Shapiro.
- Antique Amroires, Biedermeiers, Bookcases and Secretaries, Charis Single, Chairs Paired, and Chair Sets and just a few of the many antiques that we offer!
- Payment method:
- amex, check, company card, debit, discover, master card, visa
- Located in the heart of the French Quarter
- French Quarter - CBD, French Quarter