River Oaks HospitalAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- River Oaks Hospital, located in metropolitan New Orleans, Louisiana, has provided quality treatment to service individuals suffering from mental illness, and/or addictive disorders since 1970. Situated on a 14 acre campus, services are available for all ages (children, adolescents, adults, seniors) and at all levels of care (inpatient, day or partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient). The New Orleans Institute specialized services for the treatment of trauma and compulsive behaviors. The Eating Disorders Treatment Center offers a comprehensive program for male and female adolescents and adults with anorexia, bulimia and related eating disorders. Both the New Orleans Institute and the Eating Disorders Treatment Center are nationally recognized for their excellence. Both programs are referred patients from around the United States and are acknowledged as leading centers in their fields. For individuals needing hospitalization, patient living space is available in four separate and distinct treatment pavilions. Within each pavilion, three wings allow for further distinction between treatment diagnoses, age, or gender. Unlike other facilities, this unique design offers increased integrity and focus for clients in different treatment programs. Partial hospitalization is offered for all programs for individuals exhibiting less acuity, thus enabling them to live in their home environment. Partial programs can be utilized as a step down continuum of care for a seamless transition into the community, or as a step up in care when outpatient therapy is no longer effective or appropriate. Support services, such as expressive therapies, enable clients to work on treatment goals through a variety of clinical modalities. River Oaks Hospital has the largest expressive and creative arts therapy staff in the area, including registered clinicians in music therapy, dance and/or movement therapy, recreational therapy, and psychodrama. These clinicians are integral members of the multidisciplinary treatment team which includes psychiatrists, other physicians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, and registered nurses. A fully accredited private alternative school on campus assists younger patients in continuing their education while in treatment. Additional services provided by River Oaks include Mobile Crisis Services for assessment, intervention and debriefing, workshops for professionals, and referral services nationwide. River Oaks Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Medicare and CHAMPUS.
- Extra Phones:
Direct Line: (504) 734-1740
Fax Number: (504) 733-4020
Toll-Free: (800) 366-1740
- CBT - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy groups DBT - Dialectical Behavior Therapy based groups, addictive disorders, Dual diagnosis, adult psychiatry, child and adolescent treatment, partial hospitalization, chemical dependency, eating disorders, male eating disorders, anorexia, bulimia, trauma based disorders
- The New Orleans Institute for Trauma Based Disorders The Eating Disorders Treatment Center Addictive Disorders & Dual Diagnosis Adult Psychiatry Child and Adolescent Senior Care Program Recovery to Renewal Partial Hospitalization Insurance: EAPs and managed care providers MEDICARE and CHAMPUS/Tricare. In addition, River Oaks Hospital will accept direct payment of fees for individuals who do not have or want to use insurance. We are an approved provider for most major insurance companies and managed care plans.
- Payment method:
- visa, amex, check, discover, master card
- Located on the Corner of Citrus Rd and River Oaks Rd West
- Marriage, Family, Child & Individual Counselors, Alcoholism Information & Treatment Centers, Hospitals, Drug Abuse & Addiction Centers, Psychiatric Clinics, Counseling Services, Mental Health Services, Clinics