National WWII MuseumAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Currently housed in three buildings, each arranged around central themes of the war, Museum exhibits offer visitors an opportunity to experience the war through the eyes of the men and women who lived it.
- Group Tours, Field Trips, Military Reunion Groups, Special Exhibits, Programs for Teachers and Students, Kids Corner, Student Contest, Live Performances.
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Located in the Warehouse District
- Lower Garden District, Central City - Garden
- Museum Store, Restaurant
- Museums, Science Museums, Historical Places, Convention Services & Facilities, Tourist Information & Attractions, Meeting & Event Planning Services
Totally great place to spend the day.Excellently done! So historical!! So many pictures, stories.....I learned so much I never knew about that war. Very sobering as well......God bless America and all the men & women who served in our armed forces. Thank you for your sacrifice!!!!!!!!Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
When we arrived for our first trip to NOLA, the D-Day museum was not high on our to-do list. However, after we went, it became the most memorable and rewarding part of the trip.\r
The tour started with a review of a gentleman's personal photo album, documenting his ""extended vacation"" to Europe in the 40's. The displays did a great job of making you realize the mindset of the nation, the long odds of winning ... view more
The museum does an excellent job of getting the complex story of the numerous D-Days during WWII across to the lay person and historian alike. The exhibits there really do an excellent job of putting the visitor into the mindset of what it what like to experience these momentous events of WWII. An added bonus for the visitor is that you will find several veterans of WWII working the exhibit areas as volunteers. Th... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch