La Thai Uptown
Book a Table
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Come experience the culinary traditions of Southeast Asia. Savor the delicious and tantalizing flavors of Thai cuisine in a fun and inviting atmosphere.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (504) 899-8797
- Come experience the culinary traditions of Southeast Asia. Savor the delicious and tantalizing flavors of Thai cuisine in a fun and inviting atmosphere. From the traditional to the contemporary, our dishes will invigorate the senses and delight the soul. Thai cuisine is renown for its rich aromas and exceptional harmony of flavors. From our soups and salads to our fiery hot curries and noodle dishes, our diverse menu selection will satisfy any craving and ignite all your taste sensations. We use the freshest and finest ingredients, creating sublime dishes, made with our signature blend of savory sauces and fiery spices. Tease your taste buds with our mouth-watering appetizers, indulge in our irresistible entrees, and surrender yourself to our sweet and succulent desserts. Whether it's hosting a private party or providing catering, La Thai is available to provide impeccable and professional services for all of your event and catering needs. With comfortable seating up to 75 peop le, our Special Events Room is a great space for your next corporate lunch, private party, or social gathering. 1st Place, Best Thai Restaurant, Gambit's Best of New Orleans, 2008-2013 1st Place, Best Thai Restaurant, Where Y'at Magazine, 2008-2013 1st Runner Up, King of Louisiana Seafood, 2010-2011 Bayou Bouillabaisee Champion, The Canadian Louisiana Seafood Chef'
- Payment method:
- debit, discover, master card, visa
- Uptown, Uptown - Carrollton
- Private Parties,Catering Arrangements,Reservations
- Thai Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Asian Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes
Cuisines: Fusion, Asian, Family Style, Thai, Seafood, Pan Asian
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
04/17/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Even though La Thai was packed (it was Mardi Gras), we didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes. Very knowledgeable staff, and the owners are such characters, the Chef has made it a point to give me and my date an off-the-menu item he had been experimenting with gratis. Wonderful portions, they don't skimp on the wonderfully-cooked meat or on the fresh veggies or fruit. My waiter asked me if I wanted the green curry extra spicy, of course I said yes. It was really really good, but they do know how to make it hot! My waiter was so sweet, he made sure I always had plenty of water to gulp down while I was simultaneously enjoying the wonderful flavors, and trying to return the temperature of my mouth to a healthy temperature. My date wanted his very mild, and they were great about catering to our different needs.
Do yourself a favor, don't get spring rolls. Try something exciting that you've never heard of or even don't know how to pronounce. As with most places in New Orleans, the fish is so fresh and delicious and everyone seems to know just how to cook it and seems to have their own secrets of what spices and sauces to use. The price is a little high, but is a real steal for the quality and quantity of food and service that you get. I tried a Thai tea (I had never heard of it before). It was WONDERFUL. It's kind of like an iced chai tea, but with more spices and sweeter. Get it, please. Perhaps I can live vicariously through the next LA Thai customer.
The atmosphere is perfect for a first date, dim lighting, nice art, candles and flowers at every table, very relaxed feel. Families and a few big groups also seemed at home though. I wish they would get a nicer floor, I'm not a big fan of the whole high-exposed ceilings and colored concrete floors thing. The tables are really nice, the outdoor seating looked really pretty too.
What a gem! This is a great uptown comfortable place that prepares really great authentic innovated Thai dishes. The prices are very reasonable for what you get and it's hard not to notice the quality in the food. I cannot say enough great things about this place. They really have their act together and the food is always consistently excellent. Always willing to make dishes off the menu. Wonderful wine selection..