We planned a trip to NJ last month to spend 2 1/2 weeks with relatives. Our relatives had a car for us to use but we didn't want to be responsible for their car, so we decided to rent a car...looking at all the rental car companies left us bewildered, until we looked at Rent a Wreck in Scotch Plains, NJ!!! The prices were VERY affordable, the car was older but in great condition, and we were extemely satisfied with... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Rent-A-WreckAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Don't Let the Name Fool You!™ With rent a car locations across the United States and over 30 years of satisfied customers, we are the Smart Alternative™ to the high prices of the large car rental agencies. Check us out for great rates and great service! Rent-A-Wreck is your source for economical rental cars. * New & Like-new Cars * Economy cars to full size luxury sedans * Pick Up trucks * Box Trucks * Mini-Vans * Cargo Vans * 15-passenger vans * SUV's * Station Wagons are all available in select Rent-A-Wreck rent a car locations. * Inventory varies by location Remember us the next time your car is in the shop, or you have relatives coming in from out of town! Rent-A-Wreck and save! Founded in 1968, we're one of the best known neighborhood car rental companies in the world but we still get calls from people every day, asking "Do you really rent wrecks?" The vehicles we rent may look a little more like the car you drive everyday than one plucked right off the showroom floor, but our clean, well maintained fleet of cars, trucks and vans are far from wrecks! We hope that our funny name helps you to remember us, and our low costs rentals and high quality customer service will earn your business. Whether you need a rental vehicle for business, pleasure or something in-between, when you need to rent a car, truck or van, try Rent-A-Wreck across the United States and internationally.
- Rent-A-Wreck Rent a Wreck RAW
- Payment method:
- debit, amex, check, discover, atm, master card, visa
- Car Rental, Truck Rental, Van Rental & Leasing
When you rent a car from this company they don't have the same procedures as other rental companies. Instead of putting a hold on your card for the $350 then releasing the hold and charging the card for the balance owed, they actually charge the card for the full $350 right away. When you return the car the unused balance is credited back to your card. This is not necessarily bad, but it's procedurally unusual. If yo... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
First of all, this person is not accurate about how "holds" work on your credit cards. Travel related companies do not take the hold off right away, it usually expires. See what happens to your credit card after a hotel stay. We also dont have a mandatory hold as high as the $350.00 that this person stated. If this person really rented from us, they would have known that the "deposit" portion of the rental can be paid in cash, and is returned to the customer immediately upon turn in. A hold on your card for a lot more than the product and/or services will really cost just ties your money or credit up for no good reason. Most clients using debit cards can barely handle the $350.00 (normal major rental Co. minimum deposit) out of their account. They rent a car for a weekend, and find they have no money to spend on anything else, until they take the car back.
I rented the car for three days for local use only. I requested an automatic and they charged me $5 more/day. The car smelled like smoke; I even tried to spray Fabreeze to remove the smell. The owner was very pleasant, but the savings was not worth the rental. I could not wait to give it back. Also, there was an "engine check" light on the whole time and the odometer got stuck several times. HeatherLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Mty car broke down on the NJ turnpike at 6:30 while I was on my way to make a very important sales call the next morning for my telecom business. The tow truck driver that responded gave me the numbers of a couple of car rental places in town, but when I called the first was closed and the second in the process of closing. As a last resort I called Rent-A-Wreck, Mark at the Scotch Plains office told me they normall... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Their posting in the yellowpages.com site said that they serve the VA Beach area but when I typed the zip code in the first time and then the actual city in the second time I got locations in other states.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Hi - I appreciate your feedback and I will work work with YellowPages .com to have this old location removed. We have not had a Virginia Beach location since 1988. To me, considering how much advertisiers like Rent-A-Wreck pay to be listed, Yellowpages.com should try a little harder to clean old listing from their directory, but that's just my opinion.
DO NOT RENT FROM HERE! I dont mind renting an older car but the rates are not that great! Could get better on HOTWIRE or advance rentals from the BIG companies such as DOLLAR. The key was bent and didnt open all the doors. The Check Engine light was on which they stated was a "minor" thing. I got stopped by LAPD for a nonworking tail light AND (R) blinker light. Do they say sorry? Do they compensate you for y... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I made an online reservation about a week prior to my rental date and received a confirmation #, well I call one day before I pick up my rental and they tell me they don't have the vehicle I was looking for...I asked why I wasn't notified and the guy said well sometimes we slip up, it happens. IT'S THERE JOB, APPARENTLY THEY ARE THE WRECKS AND NOT THE CARS! Just make sure you ask them if your vehicle will be availab... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse