I am so pleased with my prosthetic eye from Phillip danz and associates. Not only is it comfortable, but no one can tell its fake! Eric Lindsay is an amazing artist and matched my eye t for t!! Also the staff in the office were so nice and personable! I would highly recommend this place to anyone who needs a prosthesis!Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Sacramento's Premier Anaplastologist.
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- More Info:
- Phillip A. Danz & Associates have been serving patients in the Sacramento Area and beyond, providing impression fitted, hand sculptured and hand painted ocular prostheses (artificial eyes) for over 46 years. We are skilled in the fitting of thin shell prostheses (scleral shell prostheses) over blind, disfigured eyes (phthisis bulbi). We are also experienced with "state of the art" orbital implants such as the coraline (Bioeye), Medpor and all pegging systems. Mr. Danz and Mr. Eric M. Lindsey strive to provide the best results and will spare no effort to accomplish this goal. Ocularists that have achieved and maintained certification are designated as Board Certified Ocularists, B.C.O. In order to achieve the status of BCO, an apprentice ocularist studies and works under a sponsoring BCO for five years; over the course of these five years, the apprentice ocularist must pass numerous examinations testing the relevant areas of skill relating to the fitting and fabrication of a prosthetic eye. These skills include anatomical knowledge, fitting and shaping, the precise artistic reproduction of a human eye, and the flawless fabrication of a completed prosthesis. Eric Matthew Lindsey has completed the requirements to become certified by the National Examining Board of Ocularists (NEBO) to provide custom ophthalmic prosthetic services. Artificial eyes have been produced and worn since the times of ancient Egypt. Materials have ranged from precious metals and stones, to glass, to our modern plastics. Today, we use a common acrylic called polymethylmethacrylate. It is lightweight, durable, simple to modify and gives the lifelike appearance of a natural eye. Creating the appearance of a natural looking human eye requires the touch of an artist and the eye of a critic. Where nature creates perfection, we believe it is our charge to mimic that perfection as close as is humanly possible.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (916) 485-4389
- There are a variety of situations in which the services of an ocularist may be employed. The following is just a small sample. Please visit our website at http://www.phildanzeyes.com for more in depth information.
* Enucleation / Evisceration -Eye or eye contents are removed and volume is replaced with an implant.
* Ptisis bulbi / Non functioning, disfigured eye remains in orbit.
* Pediatric patient / Babies or Small Children with microphthalmicor anophthalmic sockets.
Glaucoma with drain and conjunctival flap/ A flap of conjunctiva tissue is grafted over a sensitive cornea. Certain surgical work affecting the surface of the eye may require a specialized shell prosthesis. In such cases, we use a slit lamp and a clear Preliminary Fit Evaluation shell to view and preserve any delicate surgical work.
- Exenteration/ Lids and all contents of orbit are removed
- Facial prosthetics
- Glass eyes
- Glass eye polishing
- Glass eye resurfacing
- Artificial eyes
- Artificial eye painting
Board Certified Ocularists, B.C.O
Fellow of the American Society of Ocularists (A.S.O.)
Certified American Society of Ocularists
Certified National Examining Board of Ocularists
- Artificial Eyes, Optical Goods, Optometry Equipment & Supplies, Medical Equipment & Supplies