03/07/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Here are the simple facts and reason for the above review:
1. The owner is opportunistic and take every attempt to profit at your expense.
2. I am a repeat customer, and have spent $600+ in dry cleaning at their locations.
3. Once, a $150 Facconable shirt was damaged in their folder, the owner offered to buy me a replacement (the shirt is discontinued) or a credit. I told him the truth and stated I had gotten it at a heavy discount for $35, which he credited me for. I could have been opportunistic as he is and produced a valid receipt for the original replacement value of the shirt as $150, but did not. The owner also attempted to defer blame by stating the shirt had a defect, which it did not.
4. Once, at the Tatum Blvd location I had my clothes in before 7AM, stated clearly to them: shirts folded and need be ready by 4PM to make my flight. I stopped by, they stated they had a machine breakdown and apologized for not calling me. The shirts came to me not folded and I just barely made my flight. I tipped them $20 for their effort.
5. Once, at the Thomas Rd location, they stated their machines broke down and half of my dry cleaning would not be ready. I was forced to purchase clothing on the trip at a loss of over $80 to me.
6. Today, Monday, I brought six pieces of laundry (shirts) and dry cleaning in to the Thomas Rd location at 645AM and requested the items by 3:30PM to 4PM same day service. They stated their same day service is completed by 5PM and if I wanted my clothes by 3:30-4PM, I would have to pay a $5 per piece upcharge. I explained that not only I am a repeat customer, I also travel through to Friday and need a dry cleaner that will either work on Saturday or do my cleaning earlier on a Monday. The girl at the counter contacted the owner, explained my dilemma and the owner stood firm at the upcharge
Conclusion: If anyone reads this, I really need a decent dry cleaner in Phoenix that does work on weekends or is not a ""rip-off"" or is at least fair to their customers, because this Cleaners really deserves only a single star for their poor customer loyalty and their opportunism.