IP Legal ServicesAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- IP Legal Services provides patent and trademark legal services nationwide. We also provide patent and trademark filing services in foreign countries through our foreign associates. Our services include patent searches, patent application drafting and filing, patent application prosecution, trademark searches, trademark filing, trademark application prosecution and copyright registration. Our patent attorney also files international patent applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty and international trademark applications under the Madrid Protocol though the World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva, Switzerland. Why select IP Legal Services for filing your patent and trademark applications? We provide patent and trademark filing services for a flat fee; Our patent attorney meets with U.S.PTO patent examiners at the U.S.PTO, Alexandria, VA to advance the prosecution of the patent application We have filed hundreds of patent and trademark applications for more than 300 clients over the past 20 years. Experience counts, especially when the rate of allowance of patent applications is about 45%. Representative patents that we have filed are viewable on the link "our granted and published patents" There is no charge for consultations or advice over the phone, or for any work requiring 15 minutes or less of our time We set-up a docket for our client's intellectual property at no charge to the client We provide prompt turn-around for work products. For example, our turn around time for drafting a patent application, or a response to an office action is about 5 days We have authored books on patents and trademarks and published scores of articles on intellectual property. Our publications "Patents - A Guide for Filing A Patent Application" and "Trademarks - A Guide to Filing A Trademark Application" are available on amazon.com for a nominal cost We assist clients in developing their patent strategy for obtaining patents, maximizing patent based revenue, and minimizing generic competition at no cost to the client. References regarding our patent and trademark filing services are available on request. Flat fees, Experience, Expertise, Prompt service, and cost effective pricing.
- Our managing patent attorney Ash Tankha has filed patent applications in different domains such as software, business methods, mechanical, electronic communication and semiconductors, chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology with the US Patent and Trademark Office and other foreign patent offices. Please feel free to contact us for references.
Prior to filing a patent application, our patent attorney conducts an extensive prior art search using subscription based databases to determine if the concept of the invention is novel. The patent application is consequently filed with the patent office after the client has approved of the same.
Given below is a step-wise, brief description of the patent process:
Prior art Search:
The first step in the patent application process is to have a professional prior art search conducted for your inventive concept prior to filing the patent application. IP Legal Services' prior art search experts conduct a thorough worldwide and national search on the Thomson Innovation database to check for patentability, novelty and non-obviousness. The prior art search prevents unnecessary filing costs to the applicant if a similar concept already has a patent application filed. If the search shows that your inventive idea is new and unique, we will provide you with our patentability opinion. Our patent attorney will send you with the search results and our patentability opinion within 5 working days. A professional prior art search also allows us to write a more comprehensive application with broader claims for the invention.
For more information on our detailed search process, click here
If the search result indicates that the inventive concept is novel and may contain patentable subject matter, a draft of the patent application is prepared for filing with the U.S.PTO. For more information on our patent drafting process, click here
Once the draft of the patent application is prepared, the draft of the application is sent to the client for the client's review and comments. Once the application is approved by the client for filing, IP Legal Services files the patent application with the U.S.PTO or the appropriate foreign patent office.
Our patent attorney files responses to office actions issued by the U.S.PTO for patent applications under examination. Often, inventors receive an office action, for example an objection or rejection of a claim from the US Patent and Trademark Office, for which the patent attorney prepares the responses and optionally interviews the U.S.PTO patent examiners to advance the prosecution of the application.
IP Legal Services provides services for clients both nationally and internationally in patent related matters in diverse areas of technology. Follow the links below to see in which domains your inventive concept lies. The published and granted patent applications are listed in the below links.
- Business Method Patents
- Software & IT Patents
- Electronics, Communication and Semiconductor Patents
- Mechanical Patents
- Chemical Patents
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Patents
- Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Attorneys, Patent Agents, Attorneys, Patent Searchers, Personal Property Law Attorneys, Trademark Agents & Consultants, Inventors