- General Info:
- Our skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers offer post-acute services for those transitioning from hospital to home. This specialized quality care helps shorten or eliminate hospital stays, laying the groundwork for a successful discharge. Some of these services include: high-intensity physical, occupational and speech therapies, cardiac recovery, stroke and other neurological recovery care, skin and complex wound care, I.V. services, diabetes management, oncology care, and orthopedic and joint replacement recovery. With individualized programs and a variety of post-acute services our facilities provide rehab hospital caliber health care options to meet the unique needs of patients and ensure that they receive outcomes-oriented care that will speed their recovery and their return home.
- Post-hospital care, Complex medical, intensive rehab, short & long-term stays, Skilled Nursing
- ManorCare Health Services, Heartland.
- Stop in or call to set up a tour and receive information.
- Alliance for Health Care, American Health Care Association
- Nursing Homes-Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing & Convalescent Homes, Occupational Therapists, Nursing Homes-Intermediate Care Facility, Physical Therapists
Extremely unimpressed. My mother is there for rehabilitation following a heart attack. One evening her oxygen was turned off and left off until the following morning when she realized something was wrong. Bathing is scheduled for only two times a week and she is lucky if she gets one. Meds are not given at regular times,and sometimes skipped altogether! She is a diabetic and continuously receives high carb meals. She was even given a doughnut for breakfast. Her sugar has only been checked once in The last 2 weeks and at that time was quite high at 1 in the afternoon. She was told it would be checked again in a couple of hours. As I
Of 9 pm it had not been rechecked. We visited on fourth of July, another resident who was wheelchair bound was brought into the lounge area by a nurse and left there unattended. When the fireworks were over one of our family members took her back to her room because no staff ever showed back up. I could go on and on and my mother has only been there for 2 weeks!
My mom is there. She is in the rehab section. She got sick and nobody knew she was ill until I took her out for a walk and she could not breathe. Called her doctor and she did end up getting the medication that she needed to resolve her issue.
Staff is very cold and leaves patients screaming out for help. It too them 4 hours to get someone to help my mom go to the bathroom. It was too late by then. Can't wait to get her out of there
Not very happy on the communication of staff to patients and family. The first ten minutes of patient drop off was a forecast for a nightmare! Further more the furniture is out dated, very Poor staff ethics....! I really do not know where to begin with how bad this place is. I really hope any one checking a loved one into a rehabilitation center does there research and do not suggest this place for any one!
This place is horrible! My father left Reading Hospital walking, and two weeks later left Manor Care NOT able to walk! Because of their very poor care, he only got worse. These people did not care enough to ACTUALLY DO THEIR JOB! My father had a fever and they were aware of it, did nothing and had to be taken directly back to the hospital from which he came to them from! Atmostsphere is not like a rehab, but a lot more like home for the elderly just waiting to die there! I wouldn't even take my pets there!!!! Deserves NO stars!!!