Greg Bazemore Custom Wigs & WeavingAdd to mybook
Creating Beautiful Hair.... Is The Name Of The Game....
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- I, Gregory Bazemore, a man of hair designing, I’ve not limited my craft to the every day hair salon, pageants, theater, television and even medical venues. I specialize in precision cuts, masterful coloring and the traditional weaving. However, it was in theaters, such as the Kennedy Center, Studio Theater, and Arena Stage of Washington, DC, where my abilities found a wide range of avenues for my creativity. My designs for theater hair and wigs were described as high fashion or the haute couture of hair design with styles that ranged across several centuries depending upon the period of the play. I’ve designed for the Regional; August Wilson’s 2oth Century Cycle at Kennedy Center, Arena Stage Sophisticated Lady, Hartford Stage Mahilia a Gospel Musical, Off-Broadway; King Hedley II, and Broadway; Stick Fly just to name a few. I have also toured with The Color Purple National Tour & Dreamgirl’s 2009 National Tour, and I am a Member of IATSE Local 798 Hairstylist. The yearning for more knowledge as a stylist and a designer stimulates me to look for varied ways of accomplishing a task or an assignment. I’ve studied wig making at DePaul University and am currently studying at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Many of my concepts and ideas come from life experiences and my imagination of what real persons of the past or modern, futuristic days would be like. Using the dichotomy of the characters and the personality of the actor’s playing a particular part helps to develop “my” vision of the character. Emotions of life also help evolve the development of the creative process. They may be influenced at the time of a childhood experience or just a general life experience. My work comes from my heart and the creative energy comes through my hands. In the past year, a lot of major life experiences have occurred, and I feel as though even those will influence my work and will encourage me to work even harder. I believe the soft edges of a haircut and the movement of a curl show, the sensitive and soft sides of who I am as a designer. The sharp points and the jagged edges of a wave can reveal my sharp wit and my creativity. The more knowledge that I come across along with the experience of each production has helped to cultivate ideas, open or broaden my vision and approach on a project. I believe that there are no boundaries that will impede me. I have also excelled as an educator in the field of Cosmetic Artistry. Continuous thinking, planning, and creating, I satisfy a large yet steadily growing clientele, from defining cuts, styles, and colors that span a range from casually chic to devilishly daring, my artistry is certain to be witnessed, not only locally but also globally for many years to come.
- Wig & Cranial Prosthetic Needs? -Products for men, women & children -Redefining curl pattern -In-home & hospital visits -Machine & hand made wigs -Lace front full & partial hair units -Frontal & spot hair units -Styling human & synthetic hair units Wig Repair Service At Greg Bazemore, we believe that ANY wig or hairpiece can be repaired, and we KNOW how to do it! We offer better and faster service, with professional results. Our specialists can repair every wig within a matter of days. TO BETTER SERVE YOU Custom Wig & Wig Repair Service In order for your lace front units to look their best the hair that your unit is made from should be the best material. Greg Bazemore construction & manufacture our own custom base. Greg Bazemore offer quality and superior construction when you purchase a hand made or machine made unit. Therefore, Greg Bazemore can insure the best fit, color match and textures. The units have a very natural undetectable hairline, and a multi-directional rootless top. That means that whenever you wear your unit, you can part it on the right, left, or in the middle, according to your mood of the day!
- Custom Wig and Cranial Prosthetic Needs
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
Member of IATSE Local 798 Hairstylist
- Wigs & Hair Pieces