I will not use this company again. I paid upfront $4000.00, They sent me a file list of recoverable files, I recieved my data and only a small percentage of files could be opened. The ones that did were corrupt and messed up. The photos were only thumbnails. Since they have a guarantee of a successful recovery or your money back, I called and they have been giving me the runaround. This has been going on for 4 months. Also it took over 4 months to get the data. I am trying to cancel th...view moree credit card they charged because of the poor customer service I am getting. I will not use them again. Buyer beware. Helpful at first. No longer.view lessShare Review
Gillware Inc. Data Recovery
- Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Sat - Sun Closed
- General Info:
- We offer data recovery from a variety of situations, such as deleted data, corrupted data, dropped hard drives that may be clicking or not spinning, electrical surges, system restores, accidental reformatting, scratched platters, read/write head failure and spindle motor failure. Gillware recovers data from many different types of storage devices, including, but not limited to hard drives, solid state drives (SSDs), RAID, NAS and SAN devices, servers, virtual environments, USB flash or thumb drives, SD memory cards, and smart phones or tablets.
- Gillware Data Recovery is a professional data recovery lab specializing in recovering data from mechanically failed storage devices. Founded in 2004, Gillware performs over 15,000 recoveries each year. Our Madison, Wisconsin-based recovery lab is SOC 2 Type II security audited and equipped with ISO-5, Class 100 cleanroom facilities. Gillware is the preferred data recovery provider for industry-leading technology companies including Western Digital and Dell.
- Hitachi, IBM, Intel, LaCie, Maxtor, OCZ, Samsung, Seagate, Toshiba, Western Digital
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, check, debit, paypal
- English, Spanish
Better Business Bureau (A+)
Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce Member
- Exclusive Data Recovery Provider for Dell Recommended Data Recovery Provider for Western Digital Ranked in Top Ten Hard Drive Recovery Services by TopTenReviews.com Members of the Apple Consultants Network (ACN) Members of SNIA and SSSI Members of IDEMA
- Computer Service & Repair-Business, Computers & Computer Equipment-Service & Repair, Computer Data Recovery, Computer Software & Services, Computer Disaster Planning
My Linux-formatted RAID-mirrored pair of drives had failed. It turned out one drive was physically scored and the other corrupted. I lost my entire life's worth of personal data - over 150 GB. Gillware responded immediately to my inquiry on their website. They aggressively worked my case and maintained communication throughout. They did exactly what they said and recovered every bit of my data - fast. Thank you Gillware!!Share Review
As an art director, my files contain past work done for my clients, thousands of digital images, annual reports, brochures, ads, etc. The sort of files that takes up a lot of space on my computer, but also need to be handy at a moment’s notice. Storing everything thing on an external hard drive made perfect sense, until the hard drive failed 3 months after I purchased it. Having tossed all the CDs that originally held the files meant I was facing disaster.
Gillware is certified to wor...view morek on my hard drive by the manufacturer, so I called them right away. They were pleasant, informative, and above all, willing to explain the recovery process to someone who doesn’t have in-depth knowledge of computer workings. Best of all, they worked with me on price. I had no idea that this could be extremely expensive, but they understood that a single person did not have the resources to put into a huge repair. They kept me informed every step of the way via email and personal phone calls. Best of all, they sent everything back to me in a spanking new hard drive. I’m back in business, and would recommend them to anyone who has that awful “Oh no” moment when technology breaks down. A+++, 5 stars, Rave Review!view less
Back this summer our harddrive went out and it had all of my important files on it.
Therefore, we took it back to where we got it and asked if they could retrieve "all"
the files off of it; the company said sure. When we got the files back and were going
through them the most important ones could not be found. So we took it back to the
company and told them that there were some files missing. However, when they went
back to try to retrieve them the...view morey said that they could not. Therefore, they referred us
to Gillware Inc. There they told us of what could be done, an estimate on how much it
might cost, all in a very nice, proffesional, and polite way. Within a few days Gillware
called and told us on what was going to happen and how much it was going to cost.
Gillware also informed us of some ways on how to make the price lower. That week
my files were retrieved; and the price was half the cost of what the, company that we
bought the harddive from, told us it was going to be. It was a relief! On the third
bussiness day we recieved the retrieved files, all in a well protected package, my
'babies' were home. Now I'm writing this to recommend to you that Gillware Inc. are
the people to retrieve 'lost' files on 'bad' harddrives. Thank you Gillware Inc..
Amanda Labbeeview less
I was really frightened when my computer and hard drive "fried" from a bad surge. I had lots of very importsnt data on the drive that I had to recover. I had never used any data recovery service before, but chose Gillware after an extensive websearch and comparison. I am thrilled I chose them. Every bit of data on the drive was recovered. The people at Gillware were great. They kept in touch with me, were very professional, and made the entire process as pleasant as onc...view moree could have fearing the loss of data.
Before having to give them the final ok to recover my data, they e-mailed me a list of the data structure of the drive, showing all of the files that they were able to save. This was a very reassuring step for me. After giving the ok, they promptly shipped the recovered data back to me.
I have nothing but the highest praise for Gillware.view less