When we first got this insurance it was fine for the first month. We paid for 6 months in full. Then they started pinging our account and trying to take out money from it. After calling them they said it was their mistake and would be solved. This is now the 5th time they have tried to withdraw money from our account, and the fifth time we have called, and been told it would be resolved. They said they would call us back two days ago, and still haven't given us an answer, and to add in...view moresult to injury they have cancelled our auto insurance even though we did nothing against the contract and they keep claiming it's their mistake. After this is up, we are switching my husband's account over to progressive because there is no way we will ever sign another contract with geico for anything. I would recommend that you find a different more honest car insurance company unless you enjoy having money missing from your accounts and sitting on hold for two hours every month.view lessShare Review
GEICOAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- With GEICO, saving money is easy. All you have to do is pick up the phone or go online to GEICO.com. It only takes a matter of minutes to find out how much you could save. Even more exciting, new GEICO policyholders report average annual savings over $500. When it comes to insurance, you should place your trust in a company with longevity, stability, and exceptional financial strength. GEICO has been serving policyholders since 1936, with innovation and hard, honest work. We've grown to over 11 million policyholders, and as a subsidiary of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc., GEICO has become the nation's third-largest private passenger auto insurance company. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; we're there when you need us most. GEICO is known for great rates on car insurance, but we also provide coverage for your motorcycle, ATV and RV. Plus, the GEICO Insurance Agency could help you with homeowners, renters, boat, commercial insurance and more. Rest assured, all GEICO representatives have comprehensive knowledge of our insurance products and will consistently provide personalized, professional service. They'll be happy to advise you in selecting the coverage that is right for you.
- Automobile Insurance Motorcycle Insurance Homeowner's/Renter's Insurance Flood Insurance Mobile Home Insurance Boat & Yacht Insurance Property & Casualty Insurance Umbrella Protection
- Payment plans, 24/7 claims and service
- Government Employee Insurance Co
- Insurance, Auto Insurance, Homeowners Insurance
I called Geico last week, and spoke with "Catherine Collver", in regards to adding my girlfriend to my auto insurance policy; she asked me a few questions, including how much my girlfriend would be driving a month. I explicitly said "she would be driving 2 to 3 times a month". At the end of the call, my policy went from 163$ to 288$.
After getting off the phone, my girlfriend and I discussed the price per month vs. her taking public transportation, and decided th...view moreat paying 117$ extra a month was silly, just to have the privilege of driving 2 to 3 times. So I called back to cancel, and the same woman told me that they couldn't take her off, because I told her that my girlfriend was already driving the car.
The conversation escalated into an argument (I said "she WOULD BE driving", not "she's ALREADY driving"), and she tried to cut me off numerous times. She said that I had to send them proof that she was insured by another company before they would take her off. I told her I didn't want to be a Geico customer anymore, and I hung up.
This is the worst experience I've ever had with an insurance company; now I'm with State Farm, I'm paying a lot less, and I get more benefits. Stay away from Geico.view less
Wish ZERO Stars was an option. Don't let a slightly lower rate lull you into thinking this is a good Insurance company to use. There CLAIM Service is the WORST I or any of my family members have ever been associated with.
ALL PROMISES OF TIMELY CLAIM HANDLING ARE FALSE!!!
1) The Adjuster is supposed top look at vehicle in 48 hours, and it took all of 4 days (and at the very end of day at that)
2) When additional work was identified by repair shop, they didn't come back within th...view moree next 48 hours--- but instead it took well over 8-9 days for the adjuster to come back to authorize the incremental work.
3) By far...... more information/feedback was provided by the body shop than the Geico personnel.
4) Calling Customer Service to complain only provided sorrowful platitudes, but no empowerment for action.
We have incurred 5 weeks SO FAR (and it's to be at least 1 more week) of borrowing cars or renting them at incredibly high rates. Not having the rental reimbursement coverage is probably our biggest mistake. I BET "IF" GEICO WAS PAYING FOR DAILY RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT, THIS 6 WEEKS (hoping no longer still) TIMELINE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO MORE THAN 2 WEEKS.
DO NOT EVER USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!view less