Clarke Kent Plumbing
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Austin owned since 1986. Clarke Kent Plumbing has earned a reputation for having clean-cut, articulate technicians who can solve problems sometimes others can’t.
- Business History
- Austin owned since 1986. Clarke Kent Plumbing has earned a reputation for having clean-cut, articulate technicians who can solve problems sometimes others can’t
- ◾backflow prevention devices installation, repaint and testing ◾emergency service for water heaters ◾water main repairs ◾sewer main repairs ◾slab leaks ◾auto-sensored faucets and fixtures ◾sewer odor detection ◾drinking fountains - repair and replacements ◾dedicated fleet for emergency service ◾drain and sewer lines cleared ◾camera and video inspections ◾hydro-jetting ◾water and sewer line locating ◾slab leaks ◾roof and floor drains ◾sewer pumps ◾toilet stoppages ◾a/c condensate drains
- Payment method:
- amex, all major credit cards, discover, visa, mastercard, cash, check
- Servicing Austin and Surrounding 5 county area.
- South Lamar
- FAST & SAME DAY EMERGENCY SERVICE
- Water Heaters, Plumbing-Drain & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbers, Plumbing Contractors-Commercial & Industrial, Building Contractors-Commercial & Industrial
They have a policy of not providing any range of repair cost on the phone, which is somewhat understandable....I asked the charges per hour for a plumber, do not give any cost per hour....technician comes out and gives a price based on a Book of Prices provided the company......company could have given this to me on the phone.....they don't charge you for the estimate, but when you have a problem, you tend to want to have it fixed when the technician comes out. Complaint is they DO HAVE A PRICING SHEET FOR THEIR REPAIRS, THEY JUST WON"T GIVE IT TO YOU ON THE PHONE, OR GIVE YOU THE BILLING EXPENSE PER HOUR FOR THE TECHNICIAN TIME. WILL NOT USE THE COMPANY AGAIN>
This place was horrible. Called a week in advance for a Jetter was scheduled for thursday May 21st between 11am and noon. When I called at 11 45 they said once the tech finishes his job he will be out. Time passed called at 1:15pm then was told their Jetter had been broken and is still getting fixed. What customer service is this. Then asked to speak to manager or owner was told everyone was off today. Wow! Horrible business. .
BEWARE of high prices and low service. After paying over $500 and waiting months for a hot water heater repair I am shocked at the service. The owner and managers won't even call the customer back to update status. Move on to another company for this company is a shame to Superman's name, it's far from Super!
I am very happy with the plumbing service they provided to my house. The guy named Joe came to my house this afternoon. He quickly located where the problem came from and went with me to near by Lowe's to buy a replacement. Because it's Friday, I don't need to go without water for the weekend if he can fix it today and he did. He has the job done beautifully. I also like the way they charge me, very clear, no hidden cost what so ever. I could use their service again.
Clarke Kent Plumbing came to my house to perform warranty work by GE. I did not hire them personally and I NEVER will. The technician started up my attic stairs to work on my water heater. I heard a loud crack & he said "Oops! I broke your stairs." My house is only 6 years old & the pull down stairs to the attic are not often used. There is a weight limit to them however. He had completely detached the left side of the stairs at the top where it connects to the ceiling door. They are not safe to climb on now. I had to contact their office many times to find out what their policy was regarding damaged property. The owner informed me before Christmas that their insurance company was looking into it. The insurance company never sent anyone out to inspect the damage or call me regarding the damage. After Christmas, Clarke Kent Plumbing sent out their handyman to take measurements. The handyman set up an appointment with me to install new attic stairs a few days later. When the handyman failed to show, I called the offices of Clarke Kent Plumbing. They informed me they had decided not to replace my stairs. They did not feel they were at fault. BEWARE of a company that comes in your home to do warranty work & has no liability for damages they cause in your home. I do not recommed dishonorable companies. Though they fixed my warranty work, they have ended up costing me as I now have to replace the attic stairs & have them installed.