First I would have to say the ER is poorly ran. Heart attack patient treated for gal bladder issues only to see that a heart cath revealed 80% Blockages in 4 valves they can't stent so ballooned it was and only 1 of 4 got it. So here we sit watching my father's heart rapidly decline we are very displeased with how the RN staff the room has used gauze pads and garbage all over. Never changed out his sheets blood from the IV is all over. This place is horrifying we are desperately trying...view more to get out of here but they are dragging the transfer process out.view lessShare Review
Children's Hospital of San AntonioAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- The extensive medical staff, numerous primary and specialty health clinics and community outreach services offered by CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System highlight our devotion to the South Texas area. Founded in 1869 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, CHRISTUS is the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. CHRISTUS offers services such as comprehensive pediatric care - including a newly renovated neonatal intensive care unit providing the latest in medical technology and the first titanium rib implants; the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute (CTI); Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center. In addition we offer cardiac care, a comprehensive cancer program, complete obstetrical and newborn services, a surgical units, a diabetes care program, state-of-the-art medical care for children and an array of specialty services, and orthopedic services. At CHRISTUS Santa Rosa we also offer rehabilitation treatment for those who have experienced a stroke, a spinal cord injury, closed head injuries and more.CHRISTUS is one of only three hospitals in Texas to receive the Distinguished Hospital Award five years in a row by HealthGrades. It is also the preferred health care system of the San Antonio SPURS.
- We offer the following services for our patients:Diabetes Care, Family Health Center, Heart Care, Mother and Baby Center, Spiritual Care, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center, Children's Hospital Services Cardiology Services, Center for Joint ReplacementCHRISTUS Transplant Institute (CTI), MD Bios, Transplant Stats, CTRC at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa, Family Health Center, Inpatient Diabetes Care, Liver Medicine Clinic, Cardiology Services, Birthing Center, Bone Density Imaging, Cardiac Cath/Special Procedures Lab, Computed Tomography (CT) Imaging, Diabetes Services, Digital Mammography, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Pre Surgical Education Services - PREP Program, Sports and Fitness Rehabilitation, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Clinical Pastoral Education Program, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Mammography Unit, Family Medicine Residency Program, and Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System
- Payment method:
- master card, visa
- We have a variety of different locations to serve you.
- Downtown San Antonio, East Side
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is committed to providing the best health care possible in an environment that heals not only the body, but also the mind and the spirit. Our highly skilled physicians and state-of-the-art technology ensure that each of our patients receives the highest level of care available.
- Diabetes Educational, Referral & Support Services, Children's Hospitals, Birth & Parenting-Centers, Education & Services, Mammography Centers, Hyperbaric Services, Rehabilitation Services, Clinics, Medical Clinics
- Other Information:
Specialties: Pedi Respite
Don't go to to the ER the doctors are horrible, and rude. Brought my son there after my son was vomiting blood and had bloody stools. Was told by ER doctor my son was fine. DX: diarrhea. I was told for that issue go to my primary. Then he said do you want me to put a stick up his bu## or what. I did not want that guy to touch my son I left. I took my son to North Central baptist where they did a X ray in the room and told me my son had an intestinal obstruction and had I not bou...view moreght him there it could have ruptured. I would not even give one star but that's not a choice.view lessShare Review
we've been to this hospital several times in this past (not by choice), and will NEVER return.
BAD service from the ER and the way to trying to communicate with personnel. Take our word for it, go somewhere else if possible. Friends and acquaintances as well have experienced the same. Nothing good comes out of it.
just recently had a baby at a different hospital. I sure wish i could of had him at that hospital my experience was absoulty the best there at santa rosa everyone was really nice to me. Its just to bad i could not have that hospital because my doctor appt. just where to long, so i had to pick a different doctor with a different hospital. Great hospital !Share Review
I WOULD TELL THEM I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO DAM BAD....AS I AWAIT FOR MY NAME TO BE CALLED...THERE WAS THIS LADY IN THE ER ROOM WHO HAD ACCUSED ME OF TAKING A CELLPHONE...THE NURSE HAD CALLED ME TO THE BACK JUST AS I WAS ON MY WAY TO THE VENDING MACHINE. I HAD GRABBED MY BAG AND WENT INSIDE THE DOORS SO THEY COULD RUN SOME TEST ON ME....WHILE I WAS IN THE BACK AN OFFICER BY THE NAME G.MORALES AND A SECURITY GUARD BOTH MEN WALK IN MY ROOM. OH YEAH I WAS THE ONLY BLACK PERSON IN THE L...view moreOBBY AND THE ONLY PERSON THEY SEARCHED AS WELL...IT IS FUNNY HOW THEY THOUGHT THIS BLACK WOMAN STOLE THE PHONE....WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG W THIS PICTURE I WILL TELL YOU WHAT IS WRONG..I WAS FALSELY ACCUSED, DISCRIMINATION, DEFAMATION O CHARACTER, SEARCHED BY HEAR SAY....HELLO MR.ATTORNEYview lessShare Review
My 1st baby girl was born premature in this hospital while on a business trip. She passed away at 72 days. I had the most caring nurses and doctors. I named my second daughter after her sister's nurse there. excellent hospital and i was able to pray in the chapel and i never felt alone even though I am from Montana and had no family there in Texas. It made me realise how many people care when it seems like there is noone there for you.Share Review