Carver Reed is a one of a kind store, I have done business many times with Todd and Ms. Ann their honesty is second to none. they have been in business for many years. Unlike these overnight Pawn Shops that just by gold but hide under concept that they are true pawn brokers. I always buy items from Carver, who in all cases are 50% or more cheaper than and store on Jewler's row. As a more that satisfied customer who have shop at the store more than 30 years. The place is worth the trip....view more My mother and father both purchased items 20 years before I started. At no time have there ever been and issues with items or customer service. Save yourself the headache and visit the store for your next purchase.view less
Carver W Reed & Company Inc.
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Carver W. Reed is one of the oldest and most respected businesses in the city of Philadelphia. If a company can stay in business for over 150years they must be doing something right.How long do we hold it?Unlike any other pawnbroker in the city, we issue you a ticket that is valid for 6 months. In addition, in accordance with state Department of Banking regulations, you are granted a 90 day grace period after the 6 months, giving you a total of 9 months to either pay-off the loan or to pay the charges due, which will give you a new loan.How much is the interest?We charge the lowest amount allowable by law. Again, we are regulated by the Pennsylvania State Department of Banking, so the interest is set at only 3% per month. You Only Pay For The Months That Your Jewelry Is Here. For instance, if you borrowed $1000.00, and came back to get your jewelry in one month, the interest would only be $30.00. Where else can you borrow $1000 for $30? You owe no interest until you take it out or the 6 month term ends.You can keep it here for one day or ten years. The choice is yours.Visit us today.
- Corner Of 10th & Sansom Streets
- Center City, Center City East
- NationalPawnbrokers Association (NPA), Jewelers Board of Trade (JBT), Better Business Bureau (BBB), Licensed & Bonded by Pennsylvania Department of Banking
- Financial Services, Loans, Jewelers, Pawnbrokers
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: No
By Appointment Only: No
i went to carver reed for the first time last year to borrow money on some of mine and my wifes jewelry. I'd never done anything like that before but the economy was real rough and I was a little short for my mortgage, i happened to catch a news story on abc about this place at the right time and decided to try it out. The people were really straight forward and succeeded at the seemingly impossible task of making my wife feel comfortable leaving her grandmothers wedding ring. Went bac...view morek 2 months later when times were better, got all my stuff back for a real reasonable price AND ended up buying my wife a new ring for our anniversary that was half the price of what I saw it for anywhere else. Now i'll be a customer for lifeview less