AT&TAdd to mybook
- General Info:
Storage and Convenience
With U-verse Internet, you'll have virtually unlimited e-mail storage, plus all the convenience of Yahoo!
- AT&T Mail includes 11 email accounts with virtually
unlimited storage, POP access, SPAM guard and
- AT&T Toolbar for one-click access to AT&T Yahoo! pages.
- Access to free Yahoo! services.
- AT&T Yahoo! Messenger with enhanced voice
communication that allows voice-centric features
such as call logs and voicemail.
- Integrated Flickr® access.
- Includes on-the-go access to the entire national AT&T
Wi-Fi Hot Spot network at no extra charge.
Safety and Security
U-verse Internet offers powerful online protection:
- Virus and spyware protection – Detects, blocks, and removes viruses, spyware, and adware before they get to your PC.
- Two-way firewall protection – Protects and conceals your computer from hackers.
- McAfee SiteAdvisor® – Adds security ratings to websites to help you avoid online dangers and alerts you to websites that may try to steal your identity.
- SpamGuard to separate unsolicited junk email from genuine messages.
- Disposable Email Addresses (DEA) to protect your privacy and protect your email account from abuse such as junk mail and offensive email content.
- Pop-Up Catcher to prevent annoying pop-up ads.
- Parental Controls to let you control and limit what your children see or do on the Web.
Super Fast Router
The high-performance router distributes data seamlessly – and at incredible speeds – to all of the computers on your home network, without compromising performance.
Professional Grade Firewall
Defends your home network against common Internet threats such as Distributed Denial of Service attacks. With a simple configuration, Residential Gateway software is upgradeable and future updates are made automatically
The Wireless Gateway is located inside your house and uses electrical power to deliver all your U-verse services, including U-verse High Speed Internet. This smart technology allows you to:
- Provide high speed Internet connections to multiple home computers.
- Create safe and secure wireless home networking.
- Provide Wi-Fi connections for devices such as Smartphones and Netbooks.
- Connect to personal devices such as W-Fi cameras, network printers, and mass storage drives.
The Battery Backup allows your U-verse services to function during a power outage. To conserve the battery during a power outage, AT&T recommends you don't use any U-verse services other than U-verse Voice until power is restored. With a new, fully charged backup battery, you should receive approximately four hours of battery backup power.
- Internet Service Providers (ISP), Telephone Companies
speed test 6Mp/s and only pay $19/month with a 1 year contract. This is a great price but they have data cap at 150GB a month, over that is $10 for each additional 50GB. 150GB ran out really quick, expect to pay $39-$49 every month because of the Data Cap overcharge. I suggest get an ISP with cap free.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
speed test in three different ocasions . upload download 1.94 Mb/s 0.47 Mb/s 24 ms San Francisco, CA < 50 mi 1.83 Mb/s 0.47 Mb/s 28 ms Palo Alto, CA < 50 mi 0.51 Mb/s 0.46 Mb/s 513 ms Berkeley < 50 mi when im paying $46.00 suppostely for the Elite service of upload speed 6mps/DL2mps and when I call they just said well the speeds are NOT guaranteed !! WHAT???? REALLY?? WANT MY MONEY BACK THA... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Nothing new. Remember when they were the only phone company in town, but they screwed everybody. (Thank you, Lily Tomlin!) In our home, wireless internet doesn't work. I've been complaining about this since given what seems to be a faulty router/modem since June 2011. Each time I've phoned or chatted, I've been told that there's nothing AT&amp;T can do or will do, that AT&amp;T hopes to get a faster... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes(1) No|Flag Abuse
If there were any good alternatives to using AT&T then I would use them. Charter is the only other real option in the Easley area and I haven't heard anything good about them either. These big companies came in and undercut all the small ISP's on price, ran them out of business and then raised the rates through the roof. Their customer service is abysmal. Supposedly the creme will rise to the top through competit... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I only gave them one star because I had to in order to post my review. AT&T DSL sucks! Their speed is horrible and although I was paying for the fastest speed they offered at the time, my internet just crawled. I spent money to have my computer checked out and there was nothing wrong with my computer. When I called to complain about the speed, I was told that the advertised speed was the maximum speed availa... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse