Angel Medflight Worldwide Air Ambulance
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- Mon - Sun Open 24 Hours
- General Info:
- Angel MedFlight Worldwide Air Ambulance Services is committed to exceeding customer's needs and expectations. Experience the One Touch Angel Promise: Compassion and Professionalism encompassing every detail. We handle care of any issues relating to logistical air ambulance transport- flight plans, passports and customs, professionally. Depending on Medical condition, our medical staff includes Board Certified Emergency Room Medical Doctors, ER Physician assistants, Certified Critical Care Flight Nurses, Certified Critical Care Flight Paramedics and Respiratory Therapists. Our highly trained staff will arrange for every aspect of the patient transportation in order to lift the burden from family members. On each air ambulance transport, two or three extremely skilled practitioners with greater than five years of experience will accompany the patient. Safety is the number one concern of every Angel MedFlight employee. Online Air Ambulance Reservations and Information will be available 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. Mr. John Shufeldt, MD, JD, MBA, FACEP is our Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director. Mr. Shufeldt has become a very well established Board Certified Emergency Medicine physician throughout the United States. Dr. Shufeldt serves in numerous positions such as Emergency Room Director for St. Joseph's Hospital (Level One Trauma Center- Phoenix, AZ), Medical Director for Native Air Ambulance Services and author of several Adult and Pediatric Publications and books.
- Emergency Air Ambulance Service Accommodating all Medical and Special Needs Air Ambulance Air Medical Transportation* Advanced Air Ambulance* Air Ambulance Transportation Company* Air Ambulance Medical* Air Ambulance Company* Private Air Ambulance* Air Ambulance Charter* International Air Ambulance* International Medical Transportation Company* Medical Air Ambulance* Medical Company Air Ambulance* One Touch Medical Air Transportation Medical Flights & Transports
- Payment method:
- visa, amex, check, mastercard, all major credit cards, financing available, master card, discover, insurance
- Worldwide Air Ambulance Service
- Worldwide And Domestic Service Available
- English, Spanish
American Case Management Association (ACMA)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Case Management Society of America (CMSA
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- Concern Network
- Case Managers Society of America (CMSA)
- Air Ambulance Service, Ambulance Services
I had not thought of using an air ambulance company and we needed to get my mom moved from one facility to another in our home state. We called a few different companies trying to find out the different costs and services. When we got a hold of Angel MedFlight they were professional right from start and you can tell they have been doing this for a good while. They were even able to work with the insurance company helping cover some of the cost. I just wanted to say thank you for what you do..
Things went extremely smoothly. My dad is stable. From your staff keeping me abreast of the schedule to the expert care and TLC from the medical team and the level of comfort and information provided by the pilot and the first officer, I could not be happier. The medical crew showed up, took control, relieved the anxiety and cared for my dad with love, affection and tenderness beyond explanation. My dad was always completely comfortable and the focus of all their concern. You have an extremely valuable team.Bedside to bedside, doing whatever had to be done, they were in control, kept us well informed, and to say it best, as his receiving doctor stated, "Your Father was extremely well taken care of, in stable condition, and your team did an outstanding job in the transport."
I had very little experience with any other air ambulance companies. Or, better put: the two calls I did make, and the responses by those people, were rather brief; each called me back with the quote of an enormous sum of money, which put the whole idea out of the realm of possibility.
Ariel has Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts. I had stayed in the States to deal with things here, and I had daily contact with Blue Card.
After Ariel had been in the ICU for about ten days, and had been transferred to the orthopedic floor, Blue Card calls me and says:"She is ready to fly to Boston where she desperately needed the adequate care not available in France, on an air ambulance".
I was overjoyed.
For about ten seconds.
Blue Card continued, telling me that Ariel's policy "does not pay for repatriation."
They told me how much the flight would cost ($58,000 for a stretcher and medical person on a regular flight, more for an air ambulance.), and that the family would have to pay for it.
They added that we could appeal this, and indicated that they would start this appeal process.
I did not hear back from Blue Card about the appeal. And my calls to several air ambulance places only informed me about the huge expense.
It was only after the Angel MedFlight crew told me to press Blue Card for a response (as they have a fiduciary legal obligation under ERISA The federal law governing most health insurance plans) that BlueCross of Massachusetts provided a response that was completely erroneous and not in compliance with ERISA.
Around this time, a friend of the family mentioned Angel Medflight. While I didn't think calling would be any different than the other air ambulance places I had called, I did place the call.
Now, this felt hard to believe. I told Jeremy that Ariel's mother was on SSDI that the family would be financially depressed by paying for such services. Jeremy said both that he wanted to do this, but, also, that he was a businessman and he would rather ensure that the premiums we pay to our BlueCross Massachusetts plan serves to ensure we get the coverage we are entitled under the BlueCross BlueShield MA Plan.
I wasn't sure what to do. I called Blue Card again, this time telling them that if I did not hear back from them about the appeal that I was going to go with a private air ambulance (Angel MedFlight).
They told me they would get back to me the next day about the appeal.
The next day they told me Blue Cross still refused to pay.
The next day came a call I will not ever forget: It was Chandra. She asked me "Want some good news?" "Sure" I said.
"We're getting her".
I was floored, speechless. Then sobbing.
That was on Friday.
By Sunday night Angel Medflight wheeled Ariel into the ICU at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
So, in answer to your question: what was different was that Jeremy really wanted to get her to Boston where she desperately needed the adequate care not available in France. And Angel MedFlight made a calculated decision to represent my family in order to ensure that BlueCross BlueShield Massachusetts held to their fiduciary legal obligations under federal insurance laws.
So I guess I could say that what was different was that Angel Medflight REALLY CARED.
This was clear from my first call.
And, believe me; it was actually quite hard to believe you were for real; that this wasn't a trick of some kind;
A company that does things because they sincerely want to help? What a concept.
So that's what it is: Angel MedFlight is for real.
And it kept feeling that way until I was told that Angel Medflight had just wheeled Ariel out of her room at Beaujon Hospital. (I heard that, upon meeting your medics, Ariel said "Oh, you speak English. I'm so relieved.")
Sometimes too good to be true just turns out to be good, really good.
Diane M. Greene, Ph.D.
Angel MedFlight recently transported my mother, who was in a car accident while vacationing in Florida. She was in a different state from a specialist she needed to see. Angel MedFlight set up the flight extremely fast! I worked with one flight coordinator the entire time who not only gave me great service, but was very sympathetic to my family's situation. Angel MedFlight's patient advocates also worked with her insurance company, making this trip very inexpensive to us. I hope I never have another situation requiring it, but if I do I would certainly use Angel MedFlight's services in the future.
Angel MedFlight conducted a family member's transport a few weeks ago. Their flight coordinators and medical staff were very freindly, and professional. In addition, their legal team worked with my insurance company when my claim was originally denied, resulting in little out-of-pocket expenses. No other air ambulance company was willing to help with my insurance company. The services provided by Angel MedFlight made our transport as stress-free as possible, and I would be willing to recommend their services to anybody.