The Nashville Zoo seems to lack attractions. The attractions that are available are nice. We love the old barn and the overall experience of the zoo.
Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Nashville Zoo is a progressive and dynamic zoological park serving Middle Tennessee, southern Kentucky and hundreds of thousands of tourists that travel to Nashville every year.
- Guided Tours, Youth Programs, Photography Classes, School Services, Community Outreach, Conservation Camp, Summer Camp, Zooper Heroes Camp, Veterinary Camp, Event Planning, Birthday Parties, Weddings, After hours Events, Meetings, Picnics, and Luncheons, Internships
- Payment method:
- discover, visa, master card, mastercard
- Zoofari Cafe, Snakes Bites, Jungle Gym, Critter Encounters, Croft Historic Home, Kangaroo Kickabout, Lorikeet Landing, Shell Station, Soaring Eagle Zip Line, Wild Animal Carousel, Wilderness Express
- Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Meeting & Event Planning Services, Zoos, Tourist Information & Attractions, Places Of Interest, Party Planning, Children's Party Planning & Entertainment
- Other Information:
Great place to spend a weekday afternoon (if you want to stay away from the crowded weekends). The grounds are pleasant, and the habitats are lovely. I do wish they had a few more exotic animals and that there wasn't so much construction, but otherwise it's a lot of fun! The kangaroo exhibit is the best!
The Grasmere zoo is the best. It's still relatively new when compared to all the older, much better grounded zoos, which makes it cost more. They're still building the zoo, so many exhibits are still in the future. I'm not complaining on the "lack of other animals"; on the contrary, I just count myself fortunate that I can see what they do have. If others want to complain about the imagined "lack of animals", then why don't they just build their own zoo and see how it's like?
I've been to many zoos, this one was by far the worst. There were hardly any animals, and you had to walk so far to get to each exhibit. There was alot of construction, so several exhibits were closed. What zoo does not have lions, bears, or wolves? No rare foxes? For the amount of money it costs to take your family to the zoo it simply was not worth it. The best part of our entire day was feeding the birds. Which costs extra. Everything does! Next time we're going to Memphis, I don't plan to ever return to Nashville's zoo.
Cute ids the only word that I can think this fits for the zoo. It's a small intimate place with a decent layout. It is small so it feels overcrowded very easily. I thought that the animal enclosures were very small and didn't allow the animals enough room to roam. But since it is a small zoo they don't have a lot of animals. No lions, sea life, etc. It's $15 to enter and they do offer a membership. For the size I think the price is a little over, but it's not unreasonable. All in all, we probably won't be back, but we did enjoy our day.
04/26/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I have membership to the Nashville zoo love it I come alot to it all way have fun seeing the animals. I been to the Memphis zoo it may have more animals but the cage space for some is OS small . Are zoo has better cages space . the zoo keep getting better look at there master plan it will get better and it is .
04/05/2012Provided by Citysearch -
The zoo at Nashville is the most inaccessible I?ve ever been to. The parking for handicap persons does not meet federal guidelines (ADA.gov Not enough Van accessible spaces) Wheelchair bound persons are charged full price but cannot get to every exhibit. The concrete is texturized to be very difficult to chairs. Yet I saw eight persons in three hours in wheelchairs. Duh! Serve the public or at least meet federal regulations.
12/06/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I love the zoo. I am a member so I can get in for free. The food in the little cafe is always good. I love seeing all the animals and touring the grounds around the Croft Family home. However the cemetary needs some maintence like weeding, the grass is always high and its hard to read the markers. I love getting discounts in the gift shop and snack areas. I love the Red Pandas and The Tiger Leopard Cubs and the Flamingos are so cool. It might not be the biggest Zoo in the world but it is still really cool to visit.