I would give it a zero but that is not a option I called for a tow truck at 12 :40 and did not see a truck drive untill 5:15 when I called about how long will it take for the tow truck to be here I was treated very rudely when I went down to get my money for the car I got paid very little 25$ is all I got
Pick-A-Part Jalopy Jungle
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Pick-A-Part Jalopy Jungle's roots can be traced back to 1957 and is now the largest auto recycling group in Idaho. Our three yards in the three cities of the Treasure Valley are the primary sources of quality guaranteed parts. We provide parts to the collision, mechanical and insurance industries as well as the shade tree knuckle busters at a fraction of the typical new part price.
We purchase all kinds of vehicles from individuals, dealers, towing companies, and auto auctions. They are then processed and set in the yard on stands in a safe manner for the customer to pull parts from. Each vehicle is given an identification number to keep track of it. This enables us to tell you if we have the vehicle and its location. However we do not keep inventory of parts.
- Yard admission is $1.00 which must be paid in cash or debit card
- Everyone entering the yard must be at least 16 years of age, no exceptions. Children may not be left unsupervised on the premises.
- We do not sell, rent or supply any tools. So don't forget to bring your own.
- All toolboxes are subject to inspection upon entering and exiting the yard
- No power outlets are available, so bring hand or battery operated tools.
- Many parts (brake assemblies, axles, etc.) have multiple attached components that must be paid for individually, so pull only the part you need.
- Please leave unwanted parts with the vehicle as a courtesy to other Pick-a-Part Jalopy Jungle customers.
- Parts may be brought to the yard for matching purposes, these must be inspected and marked by an employee
- Wear tough clothing that you don't mind getting dirty, so that means no open toed shoes or sandals.
- No Cash Refunds Pick A Part Jalopy Jungle aids in the effort to minimize pollution to our area. We drain all fluids including oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, washer solvent, power steering fluid, and fuel. Making sure that they are in a safe containment until they
- Payment method:
- visa, discover, all major credit cards, mastercard
- Used & Rebuilt Auto Parts, Automobile Electrical Equipment, Auto Transmission, Used Tire Dealers, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment, Radiators Automotive Sales & Service, Automobile Sunroofs, Automobile Salvage, Auto Springs & Suspension, Automobile Racing & Sports Cars, Auto Body Parts, Auto Transmission Parts, Towing, Engines-Supplies, Equipment & Parts, Carburetors, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Tire Dealers, Truck Equipment & Parts, Automobile Performance, Racing & Sports Car Equipment, Battery Supplies, Four Wheel Drive Vehicles-Supplies & Parts, Clutches, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Racing
- Other Information:
I have been coming here for years. The majority of the staff has worked there for a while and I generally get descent enough service. Lets be clear, I'm not walking through the door and expecting them to come running to greet me or anything. I even buy the convenient annual pass every year as it saves me money.
When you walk through the front door there is an easy to read, laminated, giant pricing list on the side wall. Here you can clearly see the price of the parts ...view morebefore you go out into the junk yard and pull them. I have always been charged according to this pricing list, until today. I spent hours out in the yard walking cars and pulling parts only to come inside to pay and be told the price of one item was double the price listed on the wall because the one seat was electric. I asked the cashier if the different electric seat price was reflected on the pricing sheet on the wall, he stated it was. I walked over and asked him to show me. He could not as there was no different price listed for electric seats, or anything stated to charge double the amount for one seat and not the other. I then asked for a manager, the cashier pointed at another guy and said "we can ask him but he isn't going to charge you less" the other guy said "prices subject to change that's all that matters". I told them that would make sense if they had pricing originally distinguishing between electric and non electric bucket seats or if they just chose to raise the price of bucket seats all together, but that wasn't the case here and they needed to honor the pricing they have on their wall. They refused. So I left hours of hard work sitting there because I REFUSE TO BE SCAMMED!
I called the Boise location and spoke to a female manager who gave me the excuse of "the pricing board is old and outdated, we have ones being printed right now, but we haven't changed them yet. Besides, the boards are only used as a guide not as actual pricing" Are you kidding me? How is a Giant list up on the wall of almost every part on a vehicle possible followed by an exact price not a pricing list? Again I have been coming here for years and have never been charged anything different then what was on this giant pricing sheet on the wall until today.
I informed her I would not go into any other store and purchase items off the shelf with 1 stated price only to get to the register and have the cashier charge me whatever they wanted, this doesn't make sense at all. Apparently everyone has to ask what the part will cost now before they pull them because the huge list on the wall that says PRICING doesn't mean anything at all according to management.
Obviously this business is headed in the wrong direction and I will be taking my business elsewhere.view less
I,ve been going there 15 years, loved the place but last fri going to check out they wanted $24 for 6" pigtail with 3 ends 2 were melted . He reached in my tool bag and pulled out a toggle switch that was from my truck, I told him that was mine but he said I had to buy it back for $4 . I asked to see the mngr he asked if they looked in my bag I said yes as they have for 15 years but rather than he could have over looked a small toggle switch amongst my tools (that didn't even work th...view moreat's why it was out) I must be a theif and a liar I was very upset I<view less
The employees are extremely rude and not at all helpful. I called them and asked if they sold used tires and they said yes so I drove down there on a tire with a nail in it and when I got there The Tire Rack is right outside the back door but they wouldn't let me go look because I had open toed shoes on and when I asked if one of them could go look he said no we can't do that quite rudely. The employees there used to be nice a long time ago and extremely helpful, I guess no longer
I really enjoy the whole self serve aspect of this yard. I have been doing business with J.J. for around 3 years now. I am always treated well, invited with a smile and they help point me in the right direction. Their selection of autos and trucks is always great , and their inventory is rotated out on a regular basis. I rated 5 stars , they deserve it ! GREAT PLACE FOR EMERGENCY REPAIRS.
The hours are good but they charge you more to pull the parts yourself than other yards charge to pull the parts, clean them up and load them on your truck for you. And you can only take tools in that you can carry in one of their wheelbarrows - and no jacks etc are allowed in.