- General Info:
- U-Haul is the choice for truck, trailer, cargo van rentals and U-Box containers; most offer self-storage, boxes, moving supplies, hitch installations & sales, propane & online reservations.
- Mayflower Transit, U-Haul, international
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, check, debit, all major credit cards
- Old Mountain View, Central Mountain View
- Propane & Natural Gas-Equipment & Supplies, Propane & Natural Gas, Towing Equipment, Moving-Self Service, Van Rental & Leasing, Trailer Hitches, Moving Equipment Rental, Truck Rental, Portable Storage Units, Trailer Renting & Leasing, Moving Boxes
- Other Information:
07/25/2010Provided by Citysearch -
By far the worst experience i have ever had with any business. Where do i start?
-Made a reservation, but the truck was not there (they said it was in Santa Clara but the contract clearly stated this location). Took them an hour to find me a truck while i waited.
-Mileage and Gas gauge on the contract did not match the truck, so the lady had to manually adjust it as she was ""too busy"" to run it through the system again (but not too busy to text her friends while helping me)
- Drop off location was supposed to be El Sobrante (on contract), but they had ""no more room"" so wanted me to drop it off in Oakland or San Rafael instead. After fighting with them for another hour, they finally let me drop it off in Rodeo (still out of the way).
- after all this, they charged me for the gas anyways and im waiting to hear about the formal complaint i had to file.
Go Budget, go anything else except for Uhaul. The people dont care in the least and it makes an already frustrating moving experience even worse.
08/19/2009Provided by Citysearch -
The general manager could have been friendlier. He talkes to you without even looking at you --hello, I'm an adult and not a kid --- he was busy looking at the computer screen. Not to mention that while he is servicing me, he answers the phone and decides on talking to the individual on the phone and leaves me waiting. He is very knowledgeable but he portrays the feeling of I am in charge here and what I say goes. Did I say arrogant?!?!
When I got there, I got in line to rent a trailer, talk to him and he sent me out with no paperworks to hitch the trailer. Came back and got in line for the second time for the paperwork. Sent me out again, this time with the paperworks, to check the condition of the trailer -- came back to get in line for the third time to finish my paperwork. Every time I get in line, there were new customers that came in. My 45 minutes of wait could have been cut by 2/3rd if there was a priority of who goes in and out.
The person who helped me hitch the trailer, Robert, was very helpful. I wish I could say the same thing about the general manager.
Would I recommend the location -- with him at the helm -- not really.