My favorite restaurant has been Olive Garden for 6 years now. My husband and I celebrate every special occasion there and always really enjoy the food and the atmosphere. However, tonight we had a much different experience. The OG we went to to tonight was not busy in the least. We were seated, and out waiter was not very attentive. For starters, he messed up our drinks TWICE, brought the wrong dressing for the sala... view mored, and when I asked for a second time for the one I wanted, he brought out another container of the same wrong one and instead of handing it to me, he just passed by the table, slid it over, and never made eye contact, as he was talking to guests at another table. I had to catch him, ask yet again for the right dressing, and finally he got it right. Secondly, the breadsticks that we got were so hard that they were flaking and broke off in rock hard chunks. You could taste that they were old and reheated. We asked for new ones, and the new ones were fine. When my husbands appetizer came, it was just as good as it always is, he said, so we thought maybe the meal just had a rocky start and would be fine. But when the server came with the rest of the food, he asked if i wanted more salad and I replied "no, i'm fine", to which he replied "so do you want me to take this or not" in a very aggitated tone of voice. I ignored the tone and told him to take it. When he sat down our food, my husbands was wrong, as it had not only the wrong pasta, but the wrong sauce as well. The waiter was already gone though. My chicken in my chicken parm was very overcooked and my spaghetti was al dente at best. Also, it tasted like the chicken or the sauce had just sat in salt for a week before it made it to the table. Before we got to the restaurant, we were both starving, but after just a bite or two of our meals, neither one of us had much of an appetite for that. Still, we just decided to tell the waiter we didn't care for the food and to bring our check. When we did, he said he'd be right back, and brought over a manager with no check. She said point blank "whats the problem?", to which I replied that the food tasted burned and salty, and it wasn't a problem, we just want our check and to leave. So she said "well, have you ever eaten here before? because i eat that chicken parm every night and it never tastes bad to me". she repeated that she ate that every night about 3 more times throughout the conversation. my husband then said that his also tasted bad and that we weren't going to eat it, we just wanted the check. She went on to say "well, i'll taste the sauce but we don't add salt so its not the food..." implying that the problem was us! As I repeated again that we just wanted our check, she turned around as I was in mid-sentence and said "have a good day" and as i went to ask yet again for the check, she cut me off as she was walking away with her back to me and just said "have a good day". So we sat there, waiting for the check for a few minutes before the waiter came over and said the whole meal was comped. We went to the front and asked to speak to the manager again because we wanted to pay for our food, and she never came up front. Instead, all of the waitresses and hostesses (aside from our own waiter) came over to say how sorry they were. We left with her business card in hand. I can deal with bad food. I can't deal with crappy management. I usually call restaurants comment line afterward to brag on the service or food, but this time, I really think the opposite is called for.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Olive Garden Italian RestaurantAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Since its founding in Orlando in 1982, Olive Garden has been dedicated to providing a warm, welcoming dining experience to everyone who walks in the door. Today, Olive Garden’s family of 800+ restaurants is evolving with our customers' favorites in mind. Inspired by Italian generosity and love of amazing food, our menu is always expanding to ensure that there is always something new to try and something everyone will enjoy. That means you can indulge in classic favorites like Chicken Parmigiana and Fettuccine Alfredo or discover exciting new tastes. Take your pick from our scrumptious appetizers, entrées, desserts, wines and specialty drinks. Plus, explore our children’s menu, gluten-sensitive and new lighter fare options all under 575 calories, and order To Go to have your favorite food ready for pick up. At Olive Garden, we believe that life is better together and everyone is happiest with family, however you define it. Which is why we encourage togetherness in everything we do.
- It’s back! Enjoy Olive Garden’s 2 for $25 Tuscan Dinner, now with more new dishes than ever before. It all begins with our unlimited homemade soup or house salad and fresh-baked breadsticks. Next, choose two rich and robust Tuscan dishes like our New Creamy Chicken Firenze or our indulgent New Florentine Rollatini topped with a five-cheese marinara. Finally end the meal with a Tiramisu to share or two dolcini. With seven Tuscan dishes to choose from, including six new entrées, it’s all the ingredients you need for a delicious evening. Limited time only. Prices vary in NY, AK, and Canada.
- Italian Restaurant Italian Food Pasta Salad Takeout Italian Carry Out
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, diners club, amex
- Providence Marketplace
- Restaurants, Italian Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, American Restaurants
My favorite restaurant has been Olive Garden for 6 years now. My husband and I celebrate every special occasion there and always really enjoy the food and the atmosphere. However, tonight we had a much different experience. The OG we went to to tonight was not busy in the least. We were seated, and out waiter was not very attentive. For starters, he messed up our drinks TWICE, brought the wrong dressing for the sala... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse