Moraga Valley Presbyterian ChurchAdd to mybook
Approximate number of views of this business profile
Number of people that like this business on Facebook
Number of people that have checked into this location
Number of people that have bookmarked this business
Our mission is to: Glorify God Gather in Community Grow as disciples Give of ourselves Go into the world with the gospel Our vision is to be a community church making a global impact for Christ. Our purpose is to know Christ and make Him known.
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Business History
- In 1961 Moraga Valley Presbyterian church started meeting in a school. MVPC then acquired a unique hillside property. In the first decade, MVPC became congregation of several hundred members. It was during this decade the chapel (now Fellowship Hall) and a wing of classrooms were built. In 1987, with membership now passing 500 members, plans were laid for the development of the church campus. In 1992 MVPC finally dedicated its beautiful new worship center. In 1997, MVPC's congregation raised nearly $7 for a Family Ministry Center. This complex provides space for our children, student ministries, and the Nurtury Preschool. The Family Ministry Center was dedicated in 1999 and is now a second home for hundreds of young people. There are now 900 official members and 500 friends who call MVPC their church home. MVPC’s programs include: Mom’s Council , Women’s Bible Study, Men’s Bible Study, parenting and marriage classes, bibli
- Nurtury Preschool - Our goal at the Nurtury is to provide a developmentally appropriate, enriching program that addresses a child's social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual development. Our staff and teachers are trained in early childhood education and are committed to nurturing and loving children. We are thankful for the dedicated professionals God continues to bring to our school, teachers and staff who have committed themselves to maintain the standards of behavior in their Christian walk, work performance, and personal example. This careful attention builds trust and enables lasting and warm relationships to develop between the teachers and children. Our hope is that your child will associate the love and attention they receive with the loving care and goodness of the Lord Jesus Christ. The mission of the MVPC Nurtury is to convey, through our word, actions, and curriculum, the salvation of God in Jesus Christ, and provide a child-centered program that fosters a love for God, a love for each other, a love for His Word and a love for the world. The Nurtury Board, comprised of the Nurtury Director and members of the church, is responsible for overseeing this non-profit program including setting tuition and developing policies.
- From Highway 24, take the Orinda-Moraga exit and proceed south on Moraga Way for 4.5 miles. The entrance to the church is on the north side of Moraga Way directly across from the Moraga Country Club Golf Course. Turn left on Moraga Valley Lane and proceed up the hill; the church is at the end of the lane. Turn left at the entrance of the church to the main parking lots. Additional parking is available at the rear of the campus.
- Women's and men's bible study (weekday, weekend, day & evening). Small groups who meet in a home. Sunday school classes for all ages and stages. Kingdom Kids & Kingdom Kids choir after school program, 2nd - 5th grade. Praise Kids choir - kindergarten & 1st grade. Summer Vacation Bible School- kinder garten through 5th grade. Baptism. Camp Timberwolf family camp & Dad's Adventure Weekend. Quest- middle school students. Senior high group. Mexico spring break building houses with Amor Ministries. Mom's Council. Grief workshop. Respite Days- babysitting and care for handicapped children . Local and global mission trips and volunteer opportunities. Caring ministries: deacons, prayer teams, Stephen ministry and counseling.
- Presbyterian Churches, Churches & Places of Worship, Religious Organizations, Presbyterian Church (USA)