Absolutely fantastic location. Located right next to Fisherman's Wharf. The inside of the hotel has recently been remodeled and is very welcoming. Unfortunately, they are not he best with check in. We were told we would be able to check in early. Not only were we not able check in early, but we were not able to get into our room until 2 hours after regular check in. I recommend this place, but be wary if you are running on a tight schedule.
Portola Hotel & Spa
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Set against the picturesque backdrop of the Monterey Bay, the AAA Four Diamond Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The welcoming environment at Portola Hotel & Spa begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided to guests at check-in. The Portola Hotel & Spa is the only LEED® Certified hotel on the central coast of California and boasts 379 guestrooms, 50,000 square feet of meeting space with the adjacent Monterey Conference Center, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries and a variety of other amenities, perfect for both group and leisure travelers. Guestrooms have been inspired by the surrounding landscape and nautical influence of the Monterey Peninsula, featuring elegant wood furnishings, sustainable mattresses made from renewable resources, hypoallergenic pillow toppers, duvets, and pillows; 300 thread count linens, large marble bathrooms with separate vanity areas and eco-friendly bath amenities, shuttered windows, as well as high speed Internet access and 42” LCD flat-panel televisions. Most guestrooms offer private balconies with ocean, garden terrace or pool views, and all rooms are non-smoking. The Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California’s premier family-friendly destinations offering spacious rooms, easy access to Monterey’s most popular attractions, and the Portola Pirates -- a complimentary program providing children with a pirate goodie bag upon check-in that is complete with pirate-inspired toys and a scavenger hunt map to a hidden treasure. The hotel is also pet friendly.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (831) 649-4115
TollFree: (888) 222-5851
- The AAA Four Diamond Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer for your next meeting or event. As the only U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Certified hotel on California’s Central Coast, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms, 50,000 square feet of meeting space with the adjacent Monterey Conference and experienced meeting professionals offering state of the art technology, and sustainable catering options, all on the coast in the heart of historic, downtown Monterey.
- Payment method:
- master card, all major credit cards, visa, mastercard, discover, amex
- Located in the heart of Monterey, steps away from Historic Fisherman's Wharf and within walking distance to Cannery Row and Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Hotels, Wedding Reception Locations & Services, Restaurants, Sports Bars, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Bars, Meeting & Event Planning Services, Caterers, Lodging
- Other Information:
Parking: Garage, Valet
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
By Appointment Only: No
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Portola Hotel-The doormen open the doore for you, making you feel right at home and well cared for! The check in was most pleasant and memorable with the warm chocolate chip cookies! Close to downtown for shops and near the coast jogging path. Also like their micro-brewery-Fine, fresh beer and a nearby cozy bed. Also like that the hotel is "green" minded - from the bath products to the fine mattress and room quality. You wll love it here.
This Hotel is immaculate, it is right on Cannery Row. This is the perfect location for being in the middle of the excitement. Rent a kayak from MBK and you can literally pull right under the piers of the hotel. The Hotel staff was wonderfull the bathrooms exquesite.