Very, VERY scary place. My friend was literally thrown out of the door by one of the bouncers because I couldn't find my I.D. in the bottom of my purse quickly enough. I would never recommend this place to anyone as my experience was scary and very violent. These people are awful to their customers.
Legends Bar & Grill
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Legend's Bar and Grill lives up to its claim of being a bar with big city excitement and a small-town feel. The walls are covered with old Minnesota sports photos and twinkling lights. The large central bar provides nightly drink specials and table games. In addition to the upstairs bar and restaurant, the activity flows into the basement with a second bar, pool tables, arcade games and a dance floor. The large basement room and bar host nightly entertainment including movies, trivia, beer pong and DJ entertainment. It's a perfect place to stage a night that starts with food and drinks and ends with a dance party.
- Payment method:
- amex, check, debit, discover, visa, mastercard
- University, Marcy - Holmes
- Bar & Grills, Bars, Caterers, Night Clubs, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Barbecue, American, Italian, European, Continental, Pizza
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: No
Outdoor Seating: Yes
I go to legends rather frequently. I try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights as it is a pretty young crowd (Im old). The bloodys are some of the best in the city! Although their food is (Im Sorry) but some of the worst bar food I still enjoy the gaming, sports atmosphere and their large patio! Good place to hang out with a group of friends.
Service, drink specials, environment is terrible. Don't go into the basement if you want to receive your phone calls or texts, as it is a dungeon. A friend of mine had his credit card given away to another customer at bar close, and management (Jeremy) refused to help. Instead, they kicked us out for arguing with them after they insisted they did not lose the card. I will not be going back.
I would like to hype all the other great things about this bar, such as the friendly local atmosphere and great drink prices. This is also one of the only places in Northeast where you can always get on a pool table. But the real run don't walk selling point is definitely the wings. Always crispy and drenched in your choice of ridiculously delicious sauces. ask for extra wet naps Sonnn!
Best bloody mary i have ever had...not to mention all the fixings...if you're into that loud hip hop, drop it like its hot stuff you might want to stick to your night clubs with the neon lights...but if you do like to hang out with some friends and have a great time...for sure get yourself down to legends...if you are worried about your food being unsanitary stay at home and make it yourself!!
I had some chicken and my kids did as well and we all 3 got very ill. I called and asked for a manager and was given a contact of Jeremy. who never retuned my calls nor did the owner Dean. these people only care about one thing and thats money you can tell.
This is a great place to get one of the best bloody mary's the twin cities has to offer. The mix is homemade and there are plenty of extras (ie celery, olives, pepperoncini, cocktail shrimp, and a beef stick) to go with it. You won't find another one like it. The food is pleasing and the atmosphere is relaxed. Check it out on a Sunday morning during one of those ""I need a miracle cure for a hangover"" times.
I have been coming here since college in the late 90's and i keep coming back for the no nonsense service, Great burgers and most importantly, WAFFLE FRIES with seasoned sour cream. I live for these and this place is great for when you are just looking for a hearty meal. I cant get enough of it!