David Fong's RestaurantAdd to mybook
- Chinese platters heavy on chicken and beef are served in a 1950s faux-Asian facade with a supper club feel.
- Private lunches & dinners
- Company functions
- Family-owned and operated
- General Info:
- David Fong's Restaurant specializes in Cantonese and American cuisine. Its lunch menu features appetizers, soups, sandwiches, noodles, fried rice, salad and combination platters. The restaurant s house specialties include chicken almond ding, beef lomein and beef with snow peapods. The restaurant serves American dishes with potatoes, vegetables and butter. Its assorted appetizers include egg rolls, barbecued ribs and shrimp. The restaurant also offers special packages for family dinners. Its entrees include a variety of beef, chicken and seafood items. Additionally, the restaurant provides a takeout menu that features cheese puffs, pot stickers and barbecued pork. David Fong's Restaurant is located in Bloomington, Minn.
- East Bloomington
David Fong Restaurant
- Bars, Restaurants, American Restaurants, Bar & Grills, Barbecue Restaurants, Chinese Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Japanese Restaurants, Asian Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Taverns, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities
Been going to Fongs for40years never had bad food bad service yes but only by one and it isn't necessarily bad service by one but an attitude problem maybe a personality clash don't know luckily for fongs for me the food and atmosphere make up for the"personality clash"
Our first visit and our last. We had intentions our having a cocktail and then being seated to eat. We sat at the bar (it was not very busy) we waited for several minutes before the bartender would even look at us. He was very chatty with one other customer. I am sure this is one of those places unless you are a "regular" the service is horrible. We did not stay and eat. Our first and last visit.Like this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
I recently went to eat at David Fongs. I went to the bar before eating. The service from both the bartenders was so terrible I ended up leaving before eating. I sat at the bar waiting to just place a order for a beer over 5 minutes and then waited for another 3 or 4 mins before getting the beer. They were not very busy, but both bartenders were very busy in their own conversation. I will never go back here or wo... view moreLike this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
This title fairly summarizes my review as this restaurant was MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT for well over 30 years! It became favored by all my relatives who came into town . . . it was the top of the list for dining out!! Nonetheless, this restaurant still serves QUANTITY, but the QUALITY has slowly but surely "diminished!"Like this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
The food was too bad. They dont know the basic cooking knowledge of chinese cooking. They cannot even get the basic chowmein cooked right. All items we ate were blasted and we had to throw the whole food in trash. Please take my advice and never eat there and get ur self slaughtered. Every dish the chicken smells / stinks bad.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I'm an American born Chinese, and I was brought up on authentic Chinese, American, and American-Chinese food. David Fong's definitely brings back the memories of the American-Chinese food I had as a kid. Yes, I would agree that it is not traditional Chinese food one would find overseas, but this is definitely great America-Chinese food. The Americanized chicken chow mein, egg foo young, sweet and sour pork, etc. ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch