Went to shoot with friend tonight.we just put together his rifle and since he had a membership thought we would use their range. After their target trolly broke (due to poor installation)they stopped all shooting and proceed to accuse us of deliberately shooting the trolley(in front of entire group of customers).this was found to be untrue.but still humiliating.I have spent 5,000 there in the last 6 months.I won't be going back.in fact I will make sure that everyone in my circle of influence knows how I feel! Never again.very unprofessional.
Get Some Guns & Ammo
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- "Get Some" Guns & Ammo is Utah's premier gun store with three locations all with indoor pistol and rifle shooting ranges. Our Murray and Orem locations have the finest gun ranges in Utah. We offer a vast selection of firearms, ammunition and accessories. Also available are educational courses such as Concealed Carry Permit Class (CFP), 1st Shots, Basic Handgun, Women's classes and more are available each month. Our new website features tours of the stores and shooting ranges, information on our educational shooting courses (check out our calendar of events page for updated dates and times these classes are offered,) range prices and our newest e-commerce online store featuring real-time* inventory which includes over 55,000 products. "Get Some" Guns & Ammo was founded by Stuart Wallin and two friends in 2003. It began at a "the hole in the wall" storefront (800 sq.ft,) on Holden street in Murray. We felt Utah lacked a supplier and knowledgeable store for AR15 and other tactical style firearms. In August of 2007 "Get Some" Guns & Ammo moved to our new facility in Murray (6,800 sq.ft,) which features Salt Lake City’s first indoor shooting range for high velocity handgun, rifle and shotgun shooting with up to date features. In June 2011, "Get Some" Guns & Ammo opened in Orem (12,000 sq.ft,) Utah County’s finest firearms retail store and indoor pistol & rifle range.
- Extra Phones:
OREM LOCATION: (801) 437-3899
LAYTON LOCATION: (801) 896-0657
TOOELE LOCATION: (435) 249-0240
- Law Enforcement Supplies
- BERRETTA, REMINGTON, BROWNING, RUGER,COLT, SIG SAGUER, FN HERSTAL, GLOCK, SMITH & WESSON, GLOCK, SPRINGFIELD ARMORY, MOSSBERG, WALTHER,
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- Guns & Gunsmiths, Ammunition
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: No
Price Range : Average
Posted: 12/19/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Giving them a ""star"" only because the sight is making me
No customer service no personality and they WILL talk down to you. Iguess its hard to learn how to talk to people and learn customer service when you play video games your whole life.
I went in ready to drop some serious cash on a rifle and suppressor close to 3 grand. My money and I left and went to another store.
If this is the type of place you are looking for got to Doug's shoot'n sport in taylorsville. The store isn't as new but the customer service is better and they have a wider selection.
Posted: 3/22/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I went in last week and purchased a handgun. The service was a little slow. HOWEVER I have to add that the place was packed! there was barely room to move. (no I am not joking) So the sales people were running their asses off. They were a bit short on personality but that could be due to how busy it was. Went back a little later when it was slower and they were very nice. I will purchase from them again in the future. There range fee is a bit steep, as well as ammo prices but it is a nice place.
Posted: 3/17/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I've bought many guns from Get Some and haven't had issues with them in the past, back in the day when Mike Pappas worked there (Mike taught me everything I know about building my own AR-Type rifles). Recently, however, the service has just downright sucked! The employees offer no real insight when browsing or even purchasing a firearm, unless you want to buy a suppressor or an AR-type rifle. That's nothing compared to the guy that always wears the blue Get Some shirt (don't recall his name). He is the rudest, most crankiest d-bag in the world! Every time I have been in there and have had the unfortunate opportunity of dealing with him, I actually left there in a worse mood than arriving! I feel bad saying this, but I've been disparaged one too many times...I'll start going to Impact Guns instead, they have a million times better customer service. I just wish they had more stores in Salt Lake County.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE I WOULD LOSS MY JOB IF I TREATED MY CUSTOMERS LIKE THEY DO! This place is a joke! I spent about 2K in their store in two months, came in two weeks after buying a 1000 dollar pistol, to fire it for first time. Impact guns gives you a 30 day range pass, So I figured two weeks no problem, They made me pay 15 bucks just to fire a new gun I bought from them. So I asked the manager why I was being charged, He tells me he cant give everyone a year pass just cause I bought a gun from them. Then went on like i was asking for half my money back. All and all the customer service SUCKS, prices are not that great. I would say if you want good service go to Impact guns, or any other gun shop!
Posted: 2/3/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I went into this store looking to by a simple handgun, didn't need anything fancy, just something for a good beginners pistol, but it seems they don't care about what the customer wants... When I went into the store, it was dead as dead could get (slow day), the only other customer was in the shooting range. I stood at the front counter for about ten minutes before one of the employees even looked in my direction, but didn't bother to say a word to me. Finally, i asked for assistance and pointed out what I wanted. They grabbed the pistol, checked it, and handed it to me for me to decide over before going back to their conversation. I likely could have walked out with the gun and they would not have noticed. When i grabbed my wallet to make the purchase, the employee assisting me began to try to offer me an assault rifle, something I really didn't want. I kindly explained that I wanted the handgun being offered, but he continued to try to sell me on this assault rifle, namely an AR-15. I continued to try to explain that I don't require, nor have the cash for this assault weapon, and that I would like this pistol, but he seemed hellbent on getting me to buy this $1500 rifle with all these gizmos and doodads I didn't need. I got so upset with this employee I told him I would go elsewhere to make my purchase. The service is great whenever I go in to buy ammunition with my friend, however, it always has been, so I was baffled when this all happened. The prices on their weapons and ammunition are also a little high, but if you live in the Midvale/Murray area, the Convenience more than makes up for it. Pros: Plenty of ammunition, wide selection, and an awesome shooting range. Cons: prices on weapons and ammunition, selection is mostly (not completely) assault rifles with different attachments/colors/makes/etc. range prices could be a bit better.