Trail Auto Tag Agency
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Tag, Registration, Decal, Insurance, Title Transfer, Registration for Auto, Truck, Boat, Dealer, Fleet, Corporate. Title Work, Notary Services, Insurance for: Auto, Truck, Motorcycle. PIP Complete Coverage, SR-22s, Health Insurance Available.
- Auto, Motorcycle & Truck Tag & Decal Renewal & Service, Title Service, Registration Service, Transfers, Insurance Service. Notary Services Available.
- Payment method:
- mastercard, all major credit cards, visa, discover, amex
- Calle Ocho ( 8th Street / Tamiami Trail) and 25th Avenue
- West Flagler, Beacom Manor
- Free Parking,Insurance Services,Se Habla Espanol,Appointments
- English, Spanish
- Branch Agency
- License Services, Tags-Vehicle, Tags, Auto Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Vehicle License & Registration
- Other Information:
If I could give zero stars I would have. I went to this tag agency in order to switch over my license plates, registration and title from the state of Maryland to Florida. I got all the papers necessary and carried on. I recently switched car insurance companies and had to get my car inspected which is when I realized the agency had transcribed my VIN# from my car incorrectly. Had I not caught this issue and gotten pulled over by a cop, they could suspect I am driving around a car that doesn't belong to me. I call the agency to inform them and they tell me to come in with my car and driver's license. I go to get everything fixed and they said since I didn't have the original title with me (which they never mentioned I needed to bring) they couldn't do anything. They also told me they have signs stating to verify all documents before leaving (these 'signs' are simply small pieces of paper taped to their counters), implying that it is ultimately MY fault it was transcribed incorrectly. They have an option to pay extra for VIN verification, which I purchased during the initial transaction, so why would I need to check it for a third time to ensure my VIN# was written correctly. This is a serious issue because who knows how many other people are driving around with incorrect registrations. In addition, this agency is EXTREMELY unorganized, papers everywhere, and I am surprised this is acceptable standards for an agency to conduct such an important business.
I went to this agency after I sold my vehicle to request the cancelation of my license plate since I don't own the car any more. The buyer never did tittle transfer and I received few parking tickets on my plate. So I tried fixing the problem by going to this tag agency and canceling the plate. The 2 ladies in the office told me that I have to "hunt down the buyer and bring him over to the agency for him to do the transfer himself" and that was the only way. "Hunting people down" wasn't an option for me, I also had no contact or any information about the buyer. So I went to a different agency, payed $20 and got my plate and registration canceled that same second.
Staff in this place is not trained properly, and 98% of them don't speak a word of English. So do yourself a favor and save time. Find another agency around.