The BBQ Shop
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Home of the DANCING PIGS Bar-B-Q Sauce and Seasoning. Serving the Same Recipe for over 50 Years. "Our Pork Bar-B-Q & Beef Bar-B-Q are cooked on a real Bar-B-Q Pit, and our Mild & Hot Sauces are made from Scratch!!" - From the Owner, Frank Vernon
- Business History
- The unique taste of The Bar-B-Q Shop's gourmet award winning sauces has always been something that has set The Bar-B-Q Shop off from other barbeque restaurants. The recipes for our gourmet sauces have been around for over fifty years. In 1995, the Vernon family decided to give their sauces and seasoning more of a branding. So they came up with The Dancing Pigs Product line.
- Barbecue and Dry Seasoning
- Payment method:
- amex, mastercard, discover, visa, all major credit cards
- Downtown Memphis!
- Idlewild-East End Historic, Midtown
- Barbecue Restaurants, Restaurant Menus, Caterers, Restaurants
- Other Information:
THE best bbq I've ever had from a restaurant! The ribs pull apart effortlessly and the meat just melts in your mouth, as does the pulled sandwich meat. The flavor, seasonings, and proprietary sauce are mellow and not sweet or smokey. The same goes for their baked beans. They, along with other sides, are delicious, too. I've been a customer & fan for decades and the experience has always been consistent. CONS: The bbq spaghetti is...well...nasty, and should just be taken off the menu. The service is a little slow and sometimes impersonable.
12/19/2011Provided by Citysearch -
This is my go-to BBQ place when nothing but the best chopped pork sandwich will do. I haven't tried anything else because that's what I want when I go there. The person who slammed it either doesn't know what they're talking about or simply had a rare bad experience. The fact that he/she didn't like the sauce makes me suspect it's the former. I've lived in Memphis 30+ years and have never had better sauce anywhere. We took my cousin from Newcastle, England there and he's dying to go back, so it isn't just me.
08/15/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I'm a Memphis native who has relocated to central Florida. Some nights I dream of Bar-B-Q. Most of my dreams revolve Frank and families Bar-B-Q Shop Restaurant.
An admitted Bar-B-Q snob, the Bar-B-Que Shop is my favorite, although even a Tops' bar-b-q would taste like heaven now. I wish I could find Dancing Pigs rub and sauce here.
03/16/2011Provided by Citysearch -
My family and I came to Memphis for a couple of days and had to see what the city had to offer in the bbq department. The locals gave us several suggestions so we chose the bbq shop.
OMG! where do I start? First off, in order to have good bbq, the sauce MUST BE superb. Well the sauce totally sucks!! I can tell the ribs were not properly prepped, not marinaded at all. I should have know something when I barely SMELLED bbq smoke in the air (*:*) wow! and the sides...well, the bbq spaghetti must have been made with stale pasta, the slaw was not unique in taste (worse than captn d's slaw) and to top it off the waitress tells us they ran out of texas toast. HUH? are you serious?? Geez Louise. However, the best thing we had was the water w/ Lemon :) I'm so glad I know real bbq because this place by far is not it!
FYI CHECK OUT SAW'S bbq in HOMEWOOD, ALABAMA IF YOU WANT SOME TOP NOTCH BBQ, AWESOME SIDES, AND reasonable priced!!