I have rented their trucks and trailers. They have installed 3 heavy duty hitches. They installed a electronic braking system on my vehicles.
Jalapeno...people do not plan to fail...THEY FAIL TO PLAN.
I am a 20 year Jim Ashmore satisfied customer.
One of the best enviornment and best repsentation of small buisness i have found around these parts. I have had two hitch put on through this company and both time, the work was very well done. The employees were very helpful and willing to answer any question i had to throw at them. They did the work fast and right, i would and encourage everyone to go to Jim Ashmores for any of your trailer needs they know there work, and are very respectful to there customers and if you need something they will go outta there way to get it for you.
If there was a negative star rating here I would give it to them.
I needed a hitch prior to my trip. I called the company and spoke to Pat (the owner) who told me that they did not have a hitch in stock but would order one. It would arrive the next day. I emphasized the importance of having this hitch installed. The next day, I talked with Pat and he assured me to bring the car in, the hitch would arrive shortly. I drove 20 miles (one way) and arrived one time. 30 minutes later I he informed me that the hitch was not going to be delivered... the distributor failed to put the hitch on the truck.
OK... so these things happen (although now I am royally screwed). But, his inability to creatively problem solve is what inflamed me. Here are the options I would have considered if it were my customer...
1. Though the hitch was being delivered from Brighton (one hour drive) and the distributor closed their doors in one hour, I would have told the distributor to keep their doors open and deliver NOW even if they have to pay a delivery driver overtime.
2. Put the hitch in a taxi and deliver it NOW at their cost.
3. With both options 1 & 2, I would have offered to stay open late at night to install the hitch.
4. I would have offered to provide a discount on the installation when the hitch was received later (after apologizing profusely) AND, I would have called the distributor and insisted upon a discount from them as well (which I would have passed on to the customer)!
5. I would have offered to install the hitch early in the morning (before I had to leave at 9:00 am) even if that meant opening the shop at 6:00 am.
Others???... I'm sure there are. Despite the options, not one was offered. My lost time of 1-1/2 hours and gas was almost as much as the price of the hitch. I own my own business and I would never have handled a customer like this.