They take such good care of visitors! SO EXCITED for everyone to experience the Derby the proper way.
Kentucky Derby Museum
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Kentucky Derby Museum, where every day is Derby day! Kentucky Derby Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in Louisville, Kentucky has a commitment to engage, educate, and excite everyone about the extraordinary experience that is the Kentucky Derby. When you visit the Museum, you will find yourself immersed in the next best thing to actually being at the Derby! Our exhibits will take you through the journey from the birth of the foal to the winner's circle. Find yourself in the middle of Kentucky Derby week activities and Derby traditions. Or you can take in the view of the track on Derby Day from the middle of the Infield. We are the exclusive tour provider for Churchill Downs Racetrack offering tours 7 days a week. General admission includes two levels of family-friendly interactive permanent & temporary exhibits, "The Greatest Race," a 360-degree immersive sound and visual experience that'll get your heart racing and emotions soaring, Historic Walking Tour of Churchill Downs Racetrack, a chance to meet our resident Thoroughbred and miniature horse, access to the Finish Line Gift Shop, Kentucky fare in the Derby Cafè and much more!
- Bridal Showers
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Payment method:
- cash, check, master card, visa
- Churchill Downs
- South Louisville, South Side
- Meeting Facilities
- Museums, Amusement Places & Arcades, Tourist Information & Attractions
07/22/2002Provided by Citysearch -
You will need an entire day to fully enjoy this tribute to the fastest two minutes in sports. While actually seeing Churchill Downs, and the working class community which surrounds it, can be demistifying, the musuem itself is loaded with all manner of displays and activities which give you the full Derby experience. Make sure you start with viewing the film in the theater in the round, it will give you goose bumps. Then you can relive it several times as you walk around the second floor and look down on the open theater while you're viewing the exhibits. And, Mint Juleps are available in the cafe on site. For added enjoyment, take the backside tour which costs extra. It certainly ranks up there with some of other sports hall of fames around the U.S.