My favorite Whole Foods. Fluidity in their design, fresh produce put out every two hours, great customer service
Whole Foods Market
- General Info:
- Welcome to your Los Angeles, CA Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market (wholefoodsmarket.com) is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national “Certified Organic” grocer, and uniquely positioned as America’s Healthiest Grocery Store™.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (323) 964-6830
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Town & Country Shopping Ctr
- Central LA, Mid-City West
- Delicatessens, Grocery Stores, Fruit & Vegetable Markets, Health & Diet Food Products, Supermarkets & Super Stores
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Specialties: Dairy, Supermarkets
Sometimes they cut off a chunk of the Sottocenere al Tartufo cheese and put it in the little remnants bin. It's so easy and makes so much sense. This way I don't have to embarrass myself by asking for 1/8 of a lb. of $23/lb cheese., instead it's already sitting there ready to go. Then I stand at my kitchen table slicing off tiny bit by tiny bit, almost melting through the floor while fighting off any evil moochers.
Whole Foods took over all of the Mrs. Gooches grocery stores and put all of the local health food stores out of business, except for Erewhon.. Which probably won't last for too many more years
If you like to eat healthy, Whole Foods does have everything that you could want, except decent prices.
They charge 3 times more for the same almonds that I can get from Trader Joe's.
I can't think of a time, when a bag of groceries from Whole Foods cost less than $60.00 and frequently costs ...view moremore than $70.00 for one bag, especially if you go in there hungry and buy hot take out food too.view less