- General Info:
- Visit your neighborhood Walmart store today, or visit us online at www.walmart.com. No matter which option fits your lifestyle, Walmart always features a great selection of high-quality merchandise, friendly service and, of course, Every Day Low Prices. From fresh produce & bakery items to cell phones & service plans, Walmart's #1 goal remains providing the best shopping experience possible for our customers. History: Saving people money to help them live better was the goal that Sam Walton envisioned when he opened the doors to the first Walmart more than 40 years ago. Today, this mission is more important than ever to our customers and members around the world. We work hard every day in all our markets to deliver on this promise. It is because of these values and culture that Walmart continues to make a difference in the lives of our customers, members and associates.
- Video Games
- Music CDs & Tapes
- Wedding Party Gifts
- Apple, Disney, HP, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, Dell, Canon, LG, Lego, Nikon, Nintendo, Toshiba, Garmin, Panasonic, Element, Acer, Starter, Gain, Tide, Fisher-Price, Kodak, Hoover, Gerber, Mainstays, Great Value, Kellogg’s, iPod, iPhone, T-Mobile, Pantene, Huggies, Pampers, Covergirl, Philips, Fisher-Price, T-Mobile
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards, diners club
- Crenshaw, South LA, Congress West
- Discount Stores, Department Stores, Grocery Stores, General Merchandise, Supermarkets & Super Stores
I appreciate the Crenshaw Walmart very much for the following reasons:
As a businessman, I use this Walmart as a training tool for my employees; I show them how a business should not be run and how they should not behave as an employee in my business.
As part of the training program I taken my employees (paid-time) to this Walmart to educate them about the consequences of being sloppy and disgusting. Every new applicant that I consider hiring must agree to go through this training if hired. I point out to them that the practices of this Walmart branch are precisely what they must avoid and do exactly the opposite to be an employee in my business.
I assure you, it works and saves me many hours of training.
The practices they must avoid are the following:
a) Being sloppy and messy
b) Keeping the store and the bathrooms dirty and filthy
c) Not making themselves available to the customers
d) Behaving in arrogant and dismissive manner toward customers
e) Wearing trousers with the waist so low to show their underwear
d) wearing trousers with crotches hanging near their knees as if they are making yogurt in there.
I can go on but for the sake of brevity I will stop here.
One more comment. To be fair to Walmart, that location is ghetto. Crenshaw is a gang ridden, filthy, poverty stricken locality that consists primarily of African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities.
I bring up this issue for this reason: just in case the Walmart corporate management in charge of this location is not aware, there are many dignified African American, Hispanic, and other minority families who live in Crenshaw as well. However, based on the demands of the exigencies of their socio-economic and familial lives, they cannot relocate from this area.
Therefor it behooves Walmart, a corporation with a staggering $32.64 billion gross profits in the first quarter of 2012, to do the following:
1. Hire more well trained employees for the branch to provide excellent service.
2. Pay detailed attention to hygiene in the store and in the bathrooms.
3. Be fully stocked at all times.
4. Aim to Create a safe, and welcoming atmosphere for the decent residents of Crenshaw.
5. Keep in mind that chaos, filth, and disrepair, generates chaos, filth, and disrepair by attracting elements who are drawn to chaos, filth, and disrepair.
This cycle sustains itself by feeding on itself.
04/01/2012Provided by Citysearch -
This store has got to be the worst store I've ever went to. The employees don't like to be bothered. If you asked for assistance they will give you a smart remark or pretend they can't hear you. I tried to buy a camera and 3 lazy workers didn't want to show me one camera. then I went looking for some assistance and no one wanted to help. they can't be all that busy, I mean look at the store. Who's working? The place is filty, there always out of merchandise for weeks at a time. The lines are always long and slow. I use to shop here to save money because it's close to me but I give up. This store is too ghetto. Corporate offices need to be notified. It's not fair to the customers or the community. We have to commute to other cities just to get customer service. Why do they come to work if they don't want to help people. This is sad. Why does it have to be like this in our black community.
Love going into Wallmart, they have everything that I would ever need. I needed diapers and milk and bottles for my kid and they had everything that I needed for a great price. I just needed a few things and I ended up coming out with a whole bunch of stuff. Wallmart is the bes
04/12/2011Provided by Citysearch -
IF, you actually get a salesperson by phone, expect to hear a mumbling, can't give a sh*t attitude and to be put on hold for 10- 15 mins only to call back and be ignored again.
DO NOT SHOP AT THIS LOCATION - This rude and unprofessional treatment is not the type of retail store we need in our town.
I appreciate having a Walmart in the greater Los Angeles area however, this store needs some work. On a constant basis the store is never fully stocked. Since they are the only Walmart within the LA area, they should try ordering larger quantites of mechandise to be sold. I also believe that the employees should have more training in knowing the products within their department so that they could assist customers better, and also a class in customer handling to create a happy customer experience instead of a negative one. With these changes, I'm sure this store location could carry on the good reputation that Walmart has.
There's always something ghetto happening in this walmart. There's hardly ever any parking..the people are always fighting in this store...and the escalators are ALWAYS broken. They never have full stock of merchandise.If you must come shopping here..I recommend coming as soon as they open its doors..theres hardly any people and the store is clean and fresly stocked.