Las Positas College Child Development CenterAdd to mybook
A Center for Quality Care and Early Education, Research and Professional Development For the Tri – Valley Community (Livermore, Pleasanton & Dublin)
OPEN ENROLLMENT IN PROGRESS FOR FALL 2011
Full-cost Early Education Program. Child Care Links Subsidy contracts accepted.
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
The Las Positas College Child Development Center is (a) committed to providing and a quality learning environment that is respectful and inclusive of all young children and their families, students and the Tri-Valley community, and (b) dedicated to supporting the early education teachers, staff, students, and the higher education community in their pursuit of research and professional development. In correspondence to the mission of Las Positas College, the Child Development Center is an inclusive, learning-centered program providing early educational opportunities that meet the social - emotional, cognitive, physical, creative, and personal development goals of its diverse young children and families. Our young children develop the knowledge, skills, values, competencies, and abilities to become engaged and contributing partners in their immediate community.
The Child Development Center utilizes a curriculum model that is play-based, emergent, and holistic to the child’s development. In this type of curriculum, children construct their knowledge by initiating interests, having hands-on experiences, utilizing their five senses, exploring discoveries and possibilities from within a safe, supportive, aesthetic, and nurturing environment. Children are given real choices and are encouraged to strengthen their understanding of the world through a variety of natural materials and activities. The curriculum emerges with the children’s growing interests and skill levels as the year progresses. In relation to the Las Positas College vision statement, the Child Development Program meets the child and his family where they are and creates “real” experiences for them to build their capacity, speak to their potential, and transform the way they see the world.
- Extra Phones:
Program Director: Corinna Calica: (925) 424-1575
- Pending Facility License # 013420889
- 10 month Program (August - May)
- 6 - week Summer Option (Jun & July)
- Toddler Programs 18 - 30 months old
- Preschool Programs 3 - 5 years old
- Emergent curriculum implemented
- Project - based learning approach
- Morning and Afternoon Snack
- State-of-the-art facility, well - equipped classrooms
- Highly trained and professional early educators
- Students teachers supervised by ECD Faculty
The Las Positas College Child Development Center thrives as an early education teaching and learning community committed to integrity, respect and excellence. To nourish our environment and the families we serve,
- ·promote and celebrate a child’s lifelong learning;
- recognize a child’s unique interests, special needs and learning styles;
- encourage an inclusive community of belonging;
- anticipate and meet the needs of ever-changing families and communities ;
- maintain mutual partnerships with parents, families, and the campus community;
- demonstrate social and environmental responsibility;
- maintain a family - centered environment of accessibility, equality, and social justice;
- promote mutual respect and collaboration in a diverse community;
- foster a climate of discovery and creativity; and
- hold firm to the belief that each of us makes an astonishing difference;
- Community Playthings, Environments, Kaplan, Lakeshore, Nursery Maid
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, check, debit
Child Development Center, Bldg. 2300
- Make a Left at LPC College Sign Entrance
- Adjacent to the New Science Building
Our goal is to create a model demonstration Child Development program that illustrates the teachings of the Early Childhood Development Department of Las Positas College. We work closely with the ECD Department to determine and implement child development best practices and cutting – edge research in the early childhood field. Our program will acknowledge and serve the children and their families with a professional and high quality program. The LPC Child Development Program has four (4) purposes:
- Provide for the care and early education of young children while their families attend school or are employed by Las Positas College or nearby communities.
- Serve as an observation and participation laboratory experience for Las Positas College students, and as child development work experience support for LPC Child Development Center staff.
- Provide and encourage opportunities for family involvement and parent education to enrolled families of the program.
- And, Establish a model child development program for community members and professional researchers to use as an educational and collaborative resource.
- English, Spanish, Tagalog
- Early Childhood Development Department, Las Positas College
- Social Science Division, Las Positas College
Pending Facility License # 013420889
- Day Care Centers & Nurseries, Community Organizations, Preschools & Kindergarten, Child Care, Schools