Hooligan's Bar & Grill
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (210) 973-7101
12/23/2011Provided by Citysearch -
We were there last night for the first time, it's big and not too crowded, and they have a bunch of nice TV screens (a few huge projector ones) and the sound was good so it's a good place to watch football. Our waiter was very attentive and nice. They do let you smoke there so if you don't like smoke you may not like t as much. But we had a good time.
01/20/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Guess some of us can't understand the reviews cause we never work there but I know that most of us that go there love the place. One of the few places this size, lots to do, and prices are average. We've had a few parties there and can say that Mike, who is part of the wait staff I believe or asst mgr is awesome. He's always taken care of us and we usually party with san antonio's rock band AUDIOMOUTH. Those guys know how to put on a show and we all get together with them every month at Hooligans for someone's party. Not all bands there are great but if you see AUDIOMOUTH on the calendar, make it a point to come out.
The food is not bad and the chips/queso are great for the price. Good to have a bar with food and great music. Ya'll just keep making it better and keep the good bands like AM there more often.
11/23/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Finally walked out on Hooligans. I can't believe I put up with their abuse for so long. When all of Hooligan's employees have left maybe N. will finally realize that Jake is distroying the business.
Now that I'm out, I can finally warn everyone about this horrible establishment.
Reasons Jake should be fired:
1) He is only civil to his asskissers or dick suckers.
2) He puts well Vodka into pricier vodka bottles.
3) He costs the bar hundreds by drinking a half bottle (or more) of Jagar daily.
4) On multiple occasions he has proven his total lack of people skills by diving away customers and employees.
5) He has shown shoking lack of judgement by fking multiple employees including T.F., someone well known for her STDs.
6) If your not on his asskissers list he will nit-pick your faults while turning a blind eye to major problems (like all the jagar being gone, or why hooligans customers and regulars are leaving).
7) He lies. He will say things like, "" I've told you such and such before,"" when actually he never did.
8) He changes set bar rules without telling anyone and gets irritated that you dont follow the mysterious rules (Like when he made up the rule that tall glasses are actually pints)
9) He speaks to his employees/ coworkers in a way that is total opposite of professional. The minutes before for I finally walked out I was told that I was ""retarded"" I was told to ""shut up and get on the poker side of the bar.""
If you agree that this kind of behavior is unacceptable for a buisness then please, don't support Hooligans
This is only the begining of the things wrong with this place. Don't go here for the sake of your health.
11/05/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Drinks are watered down especially for the price and it took forever to get a drink at the bar or otherwise. As far as waitresses go, we tried to order and she didn't come back for over 30 minutes. I've been there 3 times and never had a good experience.
11/25/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Is the service always flawless? No. I've had problems with service before but whenever I talk to a manager about it they are always very apologetic and eager to right the situation. I'll give it to you, some of the servers are pretty dumb and arrogant, but those don't seem to last too long. The place is like a really big neighborhood bar with good drink specials and really, really good bacon cheeseburgers. Most of the time, I always see people I know and the music is almost always really good. The majority of the staff is great, they always make me feel welcome. They show all the UFC and boxing fighs and they have really good bands on the weekend. I definitely give the place two thumbs up. To sum it up, do you get great service everywhere you go? Is the food always great? Are the drinks always to your liking? No... However Hooligans does a fantastic job and I would always choose to stop in there rather than anywhere else in san antonio.
09/23/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I have to say after reading the reviews of this place they must have been written by the owners as promotional BS. The wait staff is slow and arrogant. I witnessed my chicken wings sit at the kitchen window for 14 min. I sat at the bar and did everything short of jumping on top of it to get a drink order from the incompetant horseplaying bar boys that were more worried about snapping each other with bar towels than serving the patraints. The saving grace is live music and a great layout , ohhhh! the potential management should be ashamed. It also makes me wonder why we put up with below average service in general, and then tip these losers upward 50 to 100% for warm beer or watered down cocktails. Are we so starved for so called fun and attention. Apparently so.
09/10/2005Provided by Citysearch -
Well in San Antonio if you want to be away from dirty crowd and into some smart people and enjoy good food and drink, this is the place to be. I go to relax there and I will tell you waitresses and bar tenders listen to you and if you just tell them something they pay attention and make it right. When we both go, we find a family type environment and when I am alone, I am amongst good nice and caring friends, go find out for yourself, stop over after movie, that is how I went there first time.