I drove from Provo to the Scheels in Sandy to take the course from Jake. I went in expecting the class to be really boring (sitting in a classroom for five hours), but Jake made it really entertaining. He had people laughing, while still providing a top-notch education. He was very fair with his price, and even gave me personal advice during the breaks. I would definitely recommend him if you are taking a concealed carry class. He was a cop, private investigator, and a ton of other thi...view morengs. Bottom line is he knows his stuff inside and out.view less
Foremost Defensive Solutions, LLC
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Whether you are just entering the sport of target shooting, or you want to be better prepared in this increasingly unstable world, our training is designed specifically for you. Not only will it give you the confidence you need to stay safe with the ever increasing threats or to own and operate a firearm, it will also give you the needed skills to better defend yourself and/or your family in the event of a criminal encounter.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
* Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class
* Firearms Safety
* Concealed Carry Refresher class
* One-on-One live firearm instruction
* Women's Self Defense
* Peper Spray Basics
Starting in October 2012 - Our regular classes are taught at the new Scheels all sports store in Sandy, Utah. This store is visible from Interstate 15 (I-15). This location is right off the freeway and easily accessible from the 11400 South exit ( EXIT # 292) of Interstate 15.
We also offer private sessions in the comfort of your own home, or your place of business.
BCI Firearms Instructor
- Started his Law Enforcement career in 1999 and has experience in training, patrol, investigations and as a supervisor. Experienced in both Criminal and Civil law.
- A Licensed Private Investigator.
- Has participated in investigating deaths, rapes, sexual assaults, negligent homicides, child abuse, officer involved shootings, fraud and much more.
- Experienced and certified in training law enforcement officers and civilians in firearms, use of force, pepper spray (O.C.) and numerous other topics.
- Experience as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Completion of the Utah POST Instructor Development training and certification.
- Certified as a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit instructor through BCI.
- Experience in various martial art styles including Kenpo, Kung Fu and Aikido.
- Trained in knife fighting techniques of the American Blade.
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit
- Rifle & Pistol Ranges, Training Consultants, Ammunition, Gun Safety & Marksmanship Instruction, Guns & Gunsmiths
I learned a lot in this class. Jake (the instructor in the class) definitely knows his stuff. He helped me gain a better understanding of gun safety, the laws, and just plain commonsense. You can tell that he cares about the people that he instructs and wants them to have and understand the information and responsibilities that will help keep them safe and protected. Jake, Thank You.