Colbern Road Animal Clinic
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- **Full Service Veterinary Facility** At **Colbern Road Animal Clinic**, it is our goal to provide personalized quality medicine and surgery for our furry patients. We strive to offer the most up to date information for our patients (and their humans!) and to do so in a warm and caring environment. We understand that your pet is a member of your family. While they are in our care, they will be treated like a member of our family, too. We also understand how some vet visits can be a nerve-racking experience - for pets and owners alike. That's why we're so proud to provide a warm, caring, and compassionate environment for all your veterinary needs, from regular checkups to whatever emergencies may arise. Whether your pet is sick, injured or simply in need of vaccinations, our fully trained staff and veterinarians have the skill and experience to handle all their needs with ease and efficiency. Please explore the rest of our site to learn more about the services we offer. Appointments are available today and walk-ins are welcome also! AMENITY Our brand new hospital offers the latest in veterinary care. We can do most laboratory tests and surgeries on site so that your pet can receive immediate care. We would be happy to give you a tour when you stop in!
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (816) 246-7389
- **Pet Services** Regular examination of your pet is the first step in keeping him or her healthy and happy!! Wellness exams allow your pet's veterinarian to detect health problems before they may become serious illnesses and to evaluate your pet's overall health. Because our furry family members can not tell us about pain or sickness they may be feeling, we must rely on symptoms that could be detected during physical exams. Regular wellness exams are the foundation to helping your pet live a longer and healthier life. Bringing your pet in for examinations by a veterinarian on a regular basis is the most important thing you can do for your furry family member!! **Health Care We Provide:** **Comprehensive Physical Examinations** Physical exams are very important for the well-being of your pet. **Vaccinations** We offer the essential vaccinations to keep your dog, cat, and pocket pets healthy. During the annual exam, we will also perform a fecal exam for intestinal parasites that you can't see with the human eye. Please bring a stool sample with you to your appointment if possible. **Senior Pet Care** The customized treatment of your older pet makes the most of their later years with you. Our senior "fellars" and "granny girls" must not be forgotten. There are lots of available medications/treatments to address their aches and pains.
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, visa, mastercard
- Just East of Hwy 291 On Colbern Rd
- Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarians, Pet Services, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Kennels
Great prices and great service. Sure, it's small and maybe out of the way for some people, but it's much better than the $$$ vets. Examples:
Mitzi: 10-11 yr old black lab/ rottweiler mix. We had to euthanize her b/c we couldn't find anyone to take care of her. The vet - who I believe was Dr. Andrea Shull, DVM - sat in the room with me the entire time, even going so far as to put her hand on my shoulder to comfort me.
Tara (1): We took her in for declaw. They supplied so much loving care to her while she was in their hospital and then provided us with enough info to keep her safe once we took her home. (Though the whole jumping thing did not work out.
Penny: 4 yr old skittish Australian retriever. Even when she kept jumping around for immunizations, they kept her calm.
Tara (2): The night before, my husband and I took her to an emergency animal hospital in the area. They told us she might have kidney stones, etc, but quoted us a price of $2000 to fix her up. We didn't have the money, so we waited until the next morning. As soon as I took her to our vet, they immediately started taking care of her. When they called with her kidney results, they warned us that she might not make it through surgery because of how high her kidney levels were. We went ahead with the surgery, after returning to the clinic to possibly say goodbye. 3 hours after the 45 minute surgery, I received a call from the vet. She'd made it through. They were going to check her kidney levels again to see how much damage had been done to her kidneys due to full urethral blockage. By the next day, we took Tara home.
Colbern Rd Animal Clinic is always there to answer as many questions as you might have.
Dr Doug Neal is the most caring, kind & knowledgeable veterinarian I've ever met. He not only treats your dog as if it were his own pet, he also talks to us dog parents in a way that makes you understand exactly what is going on with your pet. I highly recommend this business. They also offer online orderig and it sure is a time saver and very convenient. I find this to be a value added service they offer as I have a home in Austin as well and no problem they ship anywhere.
Thank you Dr Neal for your professionalism.