On 2/13/14 at 9:30 am, I visited Monroe Muffler location in Leroy to have an oil change and inspection done on my car. After the oil change, the store manager Christoph Johnson came out and told me that the oil change was finished but they hadn't started the inspection yet because my car would not pass as I needed a tire and tie rod replaced. I then told him to not worry about doing the inspection. Christoph then told me it was New York State law that once a customer requests an inspec...view moretion that it had to be carried through. Christoph then looked up on the computer what the cost of a tire and tie rod replacement would be. I again stated that I did not wish to purchase these items and didn't want to proceed with the inspection. Even though the inspection had not started yet, Christoph refused to release my vehicle to my possession so that he could bill me for the cost of an inspection. He proceeded to do the inspection without my permission and refused to release my vehicle to me until he had finished with the service. When he returned to bill me for the services, I stated that I did not feel I should have to pay for the inspection as it wasn't something I wanted done once he notified me about the tire. He then threatened to call the police on me if I didn't pay him.view lessShare Review
Monro Muffler Brake & ServiceAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Because you need to TRUST who’s working on your car. Schedule an appointment online. We have extended hours and convenient locations to make it easier for you to do business with Monro. Visit us today. Monro guarantees our customers the best price for a period of thirty (30) days after purchase. We match price before you buy. If a customer, prior to purchase, finds the equivalent quality parts, service and warranty for a lesser price from any approved automotive service retailer*, and has proof in the form of an advertisement or itemized written estimate, we will match it. We match prices for 30 days after. If a customer finds the equivalent quality parts, service and warranty for a lesser price after purchase from any approved automotive service retailer* and has proof in the form of an advertisement or itemized written estimate, we will refund the difference. *Approved Automotive Service Retailer:Tuffy, Midas, Meineke, Sears, Firestone, Goodyear, Pep Boys, Car-X, Penske Auto Centers, any Regional or National Automotive Service Retailer or Auto Dealer.
- Extra Phones:
TollFree: (877) 466-6676
- A/C Service (in select stores), Air Filter, Alignments, Battery, Brakes, Breather Filter, Canister Filter, Cooling System Service, C-V Boots/Joints, Engine Tune-Up, Exhaust System, Fan-Accessory Belts, Fuel Filter, Fuel Injector Cleaning, Muffler, Oil Change Service, Oxygen Sensor, PCV Valve, Power Steering Flush, Rear Axle Bearings/Seals, Shock Absorbers & Struts, State Inspections (in select stores), Steering Parts, Suspension Parts, Tire Rotation, Transmission Maintenance, Universal Joints, Wheel Bearing Repack/Seals, Wiper Blades.
- Abs, Monroe, firestone, goodyear
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa
- Brake Repair, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Oil & Lube, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment-Service & Repair, Tire Dealers, Emissions Inspection Stations, Automobile Parts & Supplies
- Other Information:
Specialties: Coil Springs, Exhaust Systems, Tires, Air Filters, Struts, Air Conditioning, A C, Alignments, Cooling, Catalytic Converters, Maintenance