Dorsey SchoolsAdd to mybook
Service Days, Service Evening
- General Info:
- Dorsey Schools were founded in 1934 by Ruth Dorsey to fulfill the growing demand for highly skilled employees in local areas. Since then, Dorsey Schools has provided short term comprehensive training that has prepared students for promising career opportunities, technologies, and certifications for the medical, business, legal and computer fields. Dorsey is proudly represented by tens of thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout southeastern Michigan. Dorsey Schools, regarded as one of the top career schools in the country, has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement - enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work. Additional locations to serve you in Farmington Hills, Jackson, Madison Heights, Roseville, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland. We invite you to stop in and visit one of our career schools at any time. To begin your career education at a career school which is willing to work for you, contact Dorsey Schools. Don't miss out on an excellent opportunity.
- Extra Phones:
TollFree: (888) 845-7401
- Pharmacy Technician Training In This Program Includes: * Learning pharmacy operations including strong communication and customer service skills that are critical to the success of the pharmacy technician. * Learning the language of medicine and building a proficient medical laboratory including the structure of the body, common diseases, treatment, laboratory tests and abbreviations. * Learning the use and side effects of medications (generic and brand name, prescription, non-prescription, and alternative) commonly used to treat diseases * Students are introduced to basic pharmacy practices including laws and regulations * Externship in a supervised, ambulatory pharmacy setting under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and his/her staff. * Completion of this program prepares student to challenge a national certification exam. Patient Care Technician Training In This Program Includes: * Learning Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology with the highly effective DEAN-VAUGHN audio/visual system * Clinical training takes place in Dorsey's own medical labs * Taking and recording patient vital signs and health histories; studying concepts of infection control, pharmacology, and procedures for administering medications * Specimen collection procedures related to urinalysis, hematology, and chemistry in the physician's office * Anatomy and Physiology includes structures of the body, common diseases, treatment, and laboratory testing * Externship with a local hospital, physician's office, long term care facility or acute care setting enabling you to gain actual experience and develop confidence in your skills and abilities * Completion of this program prepares student to challenge a national certification exam. Medical Assistant Training In This Program Includes: * "eTHOMAS," one of the most widely used computer software in physician practices * Learning Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology with the highly effective DEAN-VAUGHN audio/visual system * Clinical training taking place in Dorsey medical labs * Completion of this program prepares student to challenge a national certification exam. Medical Administration and Billing Training In This Program Includes: * "eTHOMAS," one of the most widely used computer software by physician practices * Popular Microsoft Office Word & Excel software applications * Learn Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology with the highly effective DEAN-VAUGHN audio/visual system * Advanced medical coding systems using CPT, ICDP-MC, and HCFA terminology * Medical insurance records, learning coding procedures for medical conditions and services * The Medical Administration and Billing career program can each be completed in only 12 months! * Completion of this program prepares student to challenge a national certification exam.
- dental, microsoft
- Price Range:
- Dorsey School offers a limited number of Scholarships & Grants to those who are eligible. Contact Dorsey Schools for specific details about Scholarship and Grant eligibility requirements and availability.
- The Lansing Campus is located at S. Cedar Street and Edgewood (South Lansing), in the shopping plaza adjacent to Goodwill.
- DORSEY SCHOOLS OFFER Career Training Short term comprehensive training that directly relates to your career choice. Dorsey Career Services Provides valuable employment assistance to graduates while serving as an excellent resource for employers in search of qualified employment candidates. Corporate Training Fully networked labs with state of the art equipment and internet access for training up to 45 at one time. Training Information CAREER TRAINING - Programs designed to prepare you for some of today's most exciting and rewarding career opportunities! Visit our various "Training Programs" pages. Employment Services EMPLOYERS - To hire a Dorsey Graduate or to learn about additional employment services, please email us at CareerServices@Dorsey.edu!
Dorsey Schools Lansing
Dorsey Business School
- Industrial, Technical & Trade Schools, Schools, Business & Vocational Schools