Holston Valley Medical CenterAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Partnering with and serving the Kingsport community for more than 70 years, Holston Valley Medical Center houses one of Tennessee's only six Level I trauma centers-equipped to care for the most critically injured patients-while its Level III neonatal intensive care unit heals the region's sickest babies. Project Platinum, a $113 million renovation of the facility completed in 2010, features the latest healthcare design and innovations, including a new intensive care unit, new operating suites, expanded emergency and radiology departments, additional parking areas and a new grand entrance drive and bridge to provide improved hospital access.
- Key services * Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery * Breast Imaging Center of Excellence * Christine LaGuardia Phillips Cancer Center * Regional Children's Hospital and Center * Diabetes Treatment Center * Emergency Department * Every Step Joint Replacement Center * Regional Heart Center * Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit * Neuroscience Center * Outpatient Services * Pediatric Intensive Care Unit * Rehabilitation services * Comprehensive Surgical Center * Level I Trauma Center and extensive Orthopedic Trauma Services * Women's Health * Regional Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Holston Valley, twice named one of America's Top 100 heart hospitals, is also ranked No. 1 in Tennessee for cardiology services. A study issued Oct. 13, 2009 by HealthGrades, the nation's leading independent healthcare ratings organization, rated Holston Valley No. 1 in Tennessee and among the top 10 percent in the nation for cardiology care in 2010. America's nearly 5,000 non-federal hospitals were all included in the sweeping study, which examined mortality rates and complication rates from government data from 2006, 2007 and 2008. In addition to ranking No. 1 in Tennessee for cardiology care, Holston Valley ranked among the state's top six hospitals for all cardiac services.
- Payment method:
- master card, visa
- Hospital facts * 505-bed facility * More than 450 board-certified or board-eligible physicians * More than 2000 talented nurses, technicians and support staff members * 137,606 adjusted patient days and 30,195 adjusted discharges reported in fiscal 2008
Wellmont Health System
Wellmont Nurse Connection 1-877-230-NURSE
- Medical Centers, Physicians & Surgeons, Addiction Medicine, Hospitals, Emergency Care Facilities, Physicians & Surgeons, Nursing Homes-Skilled Nursing Facility, Clinics
Husband with to ER in extreme pain from surgery performed at Holston just a few days prior. He was also taking meds so was not in his completely right mind at the time. They hit us with an ER charge for "Smoking Cessation Counseling". WTF? Someone stuck their head in the door & told him to quit smoking?! He hardly remembers the ER visit, much less being counseled about his smoking habits. Unbelievable! ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Avoid Holston Valley Medical Center if at all possible. I went to the emergency room with a possible miscarriage. I was parked in a room for almost seven hours, never saw a doctor at all, and sent home with two sheets of paper. I was told to call the Doctor the next day that was listed on one of the pieces of paper. The phone number was wrong and I had to track down this doctor myself. When I found the phone num... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse