Lowe's Home Improvement
- General Info:
- Lowe's Home Improvement offers everyday low prices on all quality hardware products and construction needs. Find great deals on paint, patio furniture, home décor, tools, hardwood flooring, carpeting, appliances, plumbing essentials, decking, grills, lumber, kitchen remodeling necessities, outdoor equipment, gardening equipment, bathroom decorating needs, and more. Whether you are a beginner starting a DIY project or a professional, Lowe’s is your headquarters for all building materials. Shop online at www.lowes.com or at your Indianapolis, IN Lowe’s store today to discover how easy it is to start improving your home and yard today.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (317) 215-3019
- 3M, Allen + Roth, American Standard, AquaSource, Armstrong, Blue Hawk, Bosch, Char-Broil, Dewalt, EverTrue, Frigidaire, GE, Garden Treasures, Gatehouse, Harbor Breeze, Hitachi, Holiday Living, Hunter, Husqvarna, Idylis, James Hardie, Jeld-Wen, Johns Manville, Kobalt, Kohler, LG, Master Forge, Maytag, Moen, Nest, Olympic, Owens Corning, Pella, Pergo, Portfolio, Project Source, Reliabilt, Samsung, Scotts, Sta-Green, Stainmaster, Style Selections, Sylvania, Task Force, Top Choice, Troy Bilt, Utilitech, Valspar, Weber Grills, Whirlpool
- Payment method:
- check, amex, discover, master card, visa, cash, diners club
- South Perry
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America,E2D,Eliminate the Digital Divide,Habitat for Humanity,Keep America Beautiful,Lowe's Heroes,Lowe's Toolbox for Education,Lowe’s Foundation,SkillsUSA
- Major Appliances, Home Centers, Home Improvements, Building Materials, Tools, Garden Centers, Small Appliances, Hardware Stores, Paint
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Price Range : Average
Specialties: easy returns, free delivery, free haul away, Lowe's gift cards, easy exchanges, free shipping
We bought a washer from Lowes in Dec 07 and it broke one year (to the day) later.
We called Lowes, since we purchased a 4 year extended plan from Lowes Service (Dis)Advanatage and got the process rolling for a repair.
I continually called for 2 weeks, checking on the status of "parts" they said they needed to order. They kept telling me that they were on order.
I called them today and Lowes tells me that the cost of the parts exceeded the cost of the washer, so they were going to refund the purchase price of the washer.
This is unacceptable, because they sold us a floor model, and the "refund" will not cover the cost of a new washer. I bought a warranty so that if something happened, there would not be a replacement cost.
Lowes told us, when we bought the washer and was TALKED INTO the warranty, that it covered 100% the cost of the parts and labor to repair the washer. Never was it stated (either verbally, or in any paperwork they gave us) that they would have the option to "cheap out" and only pay the cost of the original washer.
Yes, we got a good deal on the washer, but that does not exclude Lowes (or their underwriters) from honoring the warranty that stated that it would cover 100% of the cost of parts. If the parts are too expensive, then they need to find a new supplier, not screw over the customer.
Now I'm not only out a washer, but I'm out the money and time/gas that it's taken to do laundry for 6 people at a laundromat.