- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- In 1928, Mr. V.D. Vincent began serving friends and old-time customers of his in-town restaurant special dinners at their then Country Cottage in Northern Marion County. Because of the many beautiful hollyhocks on the premises, it soon became known as HOLLYHOCK HILL and has retained this name ever since. In 1947, Hollyhock Hill was acquired by Mr. & Mrs. Hubert Kelso. Mr. & Mrs. Jay Snyder joined Hollyhock Hill in 1958 and acquired ownership upon Mr. & Mrs. Kelso's retirement in 1992. Many changes and innovations have long since become a part of the current menu and decor. Hollyhock Hill is one of very few family-style restaurant operations still in existence in the U.S.A., and has been a highly remembered dining experience for customers from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries for almost seventy years. So, "Welcome to HOLLYHOCK HILL" means much . . . Let our many years of service and experience combine to make THIS dinner a long-remembered one! We love to help celebrate your Happy Occasion. If we know you're coming, we'll bake a cake! We specialize in Birthdays and Anniversaries. Plate luncheons, wedding reception and rehearsal dinner - let us explain our popular plans for these occasions. Full cocktail service available. All rooms are Semi-Private Dinning Rooms and will be assigned at the discretion of the management. Thank You.
- Style Fried Chicken Dinner Party Luncheon Carry-Out Menu Catering
- Head Lettuce Salad Dressing
- Payment method:
- mastercard, discover, visa, amex
- near 86th & Meridian
- free parking
- English, Spanish
national restaurant association
- Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Chicken Restaurants, Caterers
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Chicken, Family Style
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
Consistently ranked among the top restaurants in Indianapolis, Hollyhock Hill is famed for its superior "family style" cuisine and high standards of service. Nestled in a quite north side Indianapolis neighborhood, this 100+ year old "county home" creates an atmosphere and ambiance which is unmatched. Hollyhock Hill has distinguished itself as the “premiere destination” celebrating Special Occasions, but also great for the family or an intimate dinner for two. Considering these facts, coupled along with the excellent value - Hollyhock Hill is clearly the best overall restaurant in Indianapolis. This is HOME COOKIN done RIGHT!
Hollyhock Hill has GREAT fried chicken. It's absolutely charming and quaint. The prices are reasonable. The whole concept of the place is to serve family-style dinners that recall the way we lived in the mid 20th century. (After all, it's been there since the 20's.) The place is very popular for wedding rehearsal dinners as well as family functions. I've also eaten alone there or with one other person when we're craving fried chicken.
When I go to Hollyhock Hill, I leave my high gourmet instincts behind. They serve good all-American comfort food beautifully.
Posted: 8/8/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I have been going to Hollyhock for years and it has always been a positive experience. The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, it's just beautiful. There are flowers painted on the walls, and lovely gardens outside. The staff here are friendly and highly trained. The food is family sized portions, so come with a group. They are famous for their pan fried chicken which is delicious. Their sides are all great, and they just keep on coming. Then when you are done eating you can relax outside in the gardens. Enjoy!
Posted: 7/19/2006Provided by Citysearch -
I went to this restaurant for a Christmas Party. I was very pleased with the food, atmosphere and the servers. They were right there if we needed anything. There were about 30 of us there and we had a very good time. I remember their chicken was delicious. I hope to go back there again.
Posted: 7/28/2002Provided by Citysearch -
Hollyhock Hill really takes care of you. Located in an old house on North College Avenue, the food is marvelous! It's a great place to treat yourself for a special occasion. Meals are served family style and everything tastes home-made. Proper dress and reservations are recommended.