A friend and I went to have dinner here on April 11th, 2010. There was only ONE other table occupied with customers (3) in the dining room. We sat down at approximately 5:30 pm. A waiter appeared almost immediately, introduced himself and a fellow he was training. He asked for our drink order, and we both requested water. A few minutes later we received our water. We sat until 6:05 without ever seeing our waiter or the trainee again. We left the restaurant and went somewhere else.
Broad Ripple Steakhouse
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (317) 253-8178
Let me share our dining experience at Broad Ripple Steak House from early tonight with you (table 22 around 6pm on Oct 3rd)
1st - when we sat down, the plates on the table were dirty and when brought to the server's attention, it appeared as if it wasn't a "big deal".
2nd - you were out of lobster bique, which wasn't significant, we just would have liked to have known sooner than after we ordered it because my wife and I were looking forward to it.
3rd - When I ord...view moreered a Blue Moon and the waitress brought it out, I asked for a glass to pout it into. Apparently that was a lot to ask and it seemed as if I was asking too much to have her bring a glass and an orange for my beverage. I shouldn't have to ask for a glass when I am paying this kind of money for a dinner.
4th - and this is my big upset! When I asked for the bill and handed our waitress the credit card, she brought it back and instead of handing it back to me, i.e. the man who is paying, she handed the bill to my wife! Seriously, what the heck? I found that rude and when I mentioned it, she just walked away?
For spending $120 on dinner, I assumed we would have a little better service and clean dishes. I have been to the steak house about 6 times and I have to tell you, neither I nor my family now are likely to return and I will definitely share this experience with my friends.
I will not be going there again!view less
We went to the restaurant for a birthday celebration. We were seated after having to wait for the restaurant to open 10 minutes late. As we were seated and the waitress was filling our water glasses, we told her that one of the glasses were dirty as it still had lipstick on it. The waitress then took the glass to the back area of the seating area wiped it out with her shirt tail filled it with water and brought it back. When our waiter came to the table and asked what we wanted to...view more drink I asked for a new glass of water and explained what had happened. The waiter told me there was no way that happened. We were the only table of patrons sitting inside so it was very easy to see what was going on in the restaurant. We ordered our food and when it finally came the steak that I had ordered was to medium , was so well done it was chewy. The waiter took the steak back and by the time I received my steak that was cooked as it should have been the others in the party were finished with their meal. I will never go back to the restaurant. The service was poor especially since they weren't busy. I would say it is the worst meal that we have had out. We will take our business to Moe's downtown. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!view less
Good steaks and a great bar as well. If you're looking for a good place for a first of 50th date, this is a safe and fun bet. The steaks are good, but pricey relative to the quality. However, the location can't be beat given all the after-dinner options nearby.
I feel terrible giving a restaurant such a poor rating, but my experience at the Broad Ripple Steakhouse was horrendous. I recently moved here and was hoping to find a fun place with great local culture - I was unsuccessful. \r
I?ll be fair and list out the Pro?s and Con?s.\r
1. It seemed clean.\r
2. The Lobster Bisque was very good. The bread was fantastic.\r
3. A waiter from a different table noticed how unhappy my girlfriend and I were, and brought us an extr...view morea glass of wine (no charge).\r
1. Our waitress was awful. She rarely spoke and when she did you couldn?t hear her. We asked her a series of questions about a few dishes and it sounded as if she had never been in that restaurant before. Every description of a dish we asked about was WAY off. It lead us to make two entree decisions that we wouldn?t have made had we had a competent waitress who knew what she was talking about.\r
2. One would think that a Chef Specialty would be? I don?t know? One of his better dishes? Silly me for making this assumption. Do NOT order Chef Feature!\r
3. Our soups and appetizers came at the same time. I like to enjoy my food, not try to shovel it all in before three different dishes get cold. Good thing we didn?t get a salad, things could have gotten messy!\r
4. Terrible Value. I have absolutely no problem paying $20 - $40 for an entree when it?s unique and delicious. These were unique alright, but not in a good way.\r
5. Seating was very tight and not intimate. I paid $150 on a dinner for two, even though it seemed as if we were eating with the 3 tables around us. \r
I will say that this place has some potential. But they need to revamp their menu, rehire and train a new wait staff, and reorganize their interior to create a more intimate environment. There?s no point cramming in extra tables when no one enjoys it enough to want to come back. \r
I'm sorry Broad Ripple Steakhouse, but I'm dissapointed in you - It's like you're not even trying.\rview less
This place is a gem. The ambience is wonderful...they prepare some of the best steaks in this city, served by true professionals in a decidedly different kind of ""steak house"". Forget the pretense of the others, and go where the food is great, the service is impeccable, and the staff is hip and smart, without all the excess Vegas show style atmosphere. I am always pleasantly surprised with the specials too; they are trendy and tasty.
The Broad Ripple Steakhouse fulfilled my expectations. As I walked in, I overheard a couple whining about not getting in when there were clearly open tables. The polite hostess kindly explained that OTHER people had made reservations, and those open tables were soon to be filled by customers. I knew from there that my dining experience would be quiet and classy. Although it got a little noisy, I expected it; it was 7:00 on a Saturday night, the busiest time a restaurant has.
Overa...view morell meal was well-presented AND fantastic!
Highly recommend reservations and dessert! Also a must: the chocolate martini...absolutely delicious!
Definitely returning soon.view less