What a clean and wonderful as well as fantastic rehab dept. this center has. I have been attending the PT rehab dept. here at this place now for 2+ months as an *out patient* for my shoulder surgery i had and i must say that my physical therapist Ivan is Da Bomb. He is an assist to this facility 100% and truly knows his craft, his profession and his stuff when it comes to the knowledge of the human body. The cafeteria is also avail. for out patients to dine in at, there is a small fee ...view moreof course which i am not crazy about, but i find it fulfilling to sit with a few of the in patients at a table while enjoying a complete and good lunch right before my standing appointments twice a week at 1 pm. I highly recommend this Physical Therapy Dept. for any physical rehab needs and even as an out patient. Also, everyone in that dept. is friendly and pleasant to be around. Take it from me and my experience, it is well worth the chance to try them if you are in need of a professional to help you get back to normal.view lessShare Review
Bayonet Point Health & Rehabilitation CenterAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- The Premier Choice for Rehab in Pasco County. Whether your need is for short-term rehab following a surgery, an acute illness, or long-term eldercare services, Bayonet Point Health & Rehabilitation Center is the choice you can feel confident about making For over 29 years, we've delivered quality health care in a clean, friendly, home-like environment. Please stop by for a guided tour of our center.
- Physical Therapy Our physical therapy program features exercises and daily activities designed to help you reach or exceed your previous level of function. You'll regain strength and mobility, help manage your pain, while improving balance and endurance. Through a comprehensive plan that emphasizes gait-training, strengthening, balance and safety, you can return to a comfortable and active lifestyle. In addition, our rehab team utilizes advanced technology and equipment to help patients manage pain and reduce inflammation including: - Omnistim 500 Pro - Muscle Electrotherapy - Therapeutic Ultrasound - Shortwave Diathermy - Biodex Balance Machine -Wii Therapy Occupational Therapy Occupational therapy focuses on the activities of dialing living that are essential to your independence. From cooking, dining, bathing, and dressing, to home-making, toileting, and safely moving about, our rehabilitation specialists provide you with the tools to restore your confidence and peace of mind. Speech Therapy Speech and language challenges often cause unnecessary emotional and physical stress. The speech therapy programs at BPHRC focus on alleviating your discomfort and improving your communication. Our licensed Speech-Language Pathologists identify and address the cause of swallowing problems, memory and orientation impairments, and extensive receptive communication deficits. State-of-the-art therapeutic treatments include: - Vita Stim Therapy - Dysphagia Evaluation - Cognitive/Linguistic Therapy - Interactive Metronome Rehab Nursing Our specialized nursing team strives to deliver the most advanced medical and nursing care outside of a hospital. Our medical team includes doctors, nurses, certified nursing assistance, and registered dietitians. A few of the many services we provide 24-hours a day include: - Diabetic Management and Education - Individual Patient Care Plan Treatment - IV Antibiotic Therapy - Medication Management and Education - Nutrition and Hydration Programs - Restorative Nursing - Bowel and Bladder Programs Wound Care Our experienced wound care team provides daily services to patients with chronic, non-healing wounds. Utilizing advanced treatment techniques and equipment, our specialized nurses deliver comprehensive wound care that provides an efficient and effective return to optimum health. - Collaboration with Board Certified Wound Care Practitioners - Anaerobic and Aerobic Cultures - Orthotics, Compression Devices, Wheelchair and Pressure Relieving Surfaces - Wound Vacuums - Wound Prevention and Management Education - Weekly Assessments and Wound Measurements - Non-Invasive Testing with Laser Doppler - Bedside Debridement
- Payment method:
- check, all major credit cards, travelers checks, insurance, debit
- "The Place Behind Kmart"
- Beacon Woods Beacon Woods Drive
- - State-of-the-Art Gym - Beauty Salon and Barber Shop - Cable Television - Religious Services - High-speed Wireless Access - Daily Newspaper - Outdoor Courtyards - Executive Chef Prepared Meals - Laundry and Housekeeping Services - Daily Recreational Activities - Pet Therapy - Live Entertainment - Mobile Library
- Proud to be a Five-Star Quality Center as recognized by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid www.medicare.gov - Nursing Home Compare
- Occupational Therapists, Rehabilitation Services, Nursing & Convalescent Homes, Nursing Homes-Skilled Nursing Facility, Physical Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
THEY KILLED MY MOM BACK IN 2007 THERE AFTER SHE HAD ROUTINE KNEE SURGERY, THE MAIN INTERNAL MEDICINE DR. THERE IN CHARGE OF MY MOM'S CARE, FORGOT FOR 18 DAYS TO GIVE MY MOM BLOOD THINNERS SO SHE CLOTTED UP AT THE SURGICAL SITE AND 2 CLOTS TRAVELED TO HER LUNGS AND KILLED HER ! THE DOCTOR THINKS HE IS OFF THE HOOK, BUT HE CAN GUESS AGAIN ! I SEE HIM LATER ON !Share Review
I just had complete replacement of my rt. hip. After three days in Trinity Hospital they sent me to Bayonet Point Health & Rehabilitation Center in Hudson, Florida.
Their facility is excellent & the service is superior. Their rehabilitative therapy is second to none. They have a large Gymnasium where they rehabilitate people with all manor of modern exercise techniques. I made great advances while being put through the paces of needed exercise.
If you want rest & relaxation, don't...view more go here. The agenda of this place is to rehabilitate you & they are seriously focused on their agenda. You won't rest & stagnate, you will be swept up in the motivation from their staff of personal trainers.
They have a beautiful dining room where you can eat with your fellow rehabilitees, or your visiting relatives. They have a large room for movies, & private areas if you want to have a private gathering. There is an excellent screened porch & you get menu choices for you meals + an all you care to eat breakfast in the dining room every Tues. & Friday mornings.view less
My dad was transferred to the facility on February 22nd following spinal surgery. During his time there, he developed a stage 4 bedsore, 2 UTIs, MRSA and became severely dehydrated and septic. If he wasn't transferred to the nearby hospital, he would have died. No one made sure he was turned over the requisite amount of times, or that he drank enough fluids. He is a diabetic with limited use of his limbs, and they treated him like a fully self-sufficient individual. The house doctor wh...view moreo was on his ledger only spoke to us once, and drugged him up on Oxycodone, Percoset, Valium and Dilordid! No one listens at this place, and few care.
They will try to justify their treatment of their patients, too. This place is a disaster. DO NOT USE THEM. A man who's there for rehab should NOT be on death's doorstep after a month!view less
My grandfather became ill and went to Bayonet Point Rehab. they put him in a room with another man who kicked him (he was a resident there for a year and a half so I doubt this was the first incident with him) Then moved him to another room where the night nurses were very rude to him and he also got the flu. Then his hearing aid was no where to be found-I would never send him back there again!!
I also feel sorry for the people in there who don't have family members looking after th...view moreemview less