Don't even think about hiring this company. Told us they would be there between noon and 3 pm and didn't even show up. NO phone call. NO text. NO response to inquiries. Seemed professional and detailed oriented up front. ALL SHOW and NO GO!Share Review
VIP Moving Services, Bekins AgentAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- When you think of Bekins, you think, "This is moving." For more than 120 years, families like yours have trusted Bekins Van Lines to move them across the street, across the country or around the world. Bekins has the experience and expertise you need to get you to your new destination smoothly and efficiently. New home, new community, new friends – moving can be an overwhelming experience. At Bekins, we understand the anxiety and stress of moving and we’re there to make it easier, every step of the way. You’re not alone when you move with Bekins as our process is designed to assist you throughout your entire relocation. It’s a process that offers you choice, flexibility and control. With a network of more than 370 independent agents across the country, Bekins can provide a variety of services including free estimates, storage, packing, loading, unloading and hauling in order to meet your individual moving needs. We can help you design a plan that fits your budget. From the salesperson that gives you an estimate to the driver that loads your belongings, you can be sure they’re equipped to handle the job. For more than a century, the Bekins name and reputation have made Bekins the mover that generations of families have trusted. Bekins also provides: Government/Military Household Moving Services Corporate Relocation Services International Relocation Services
- • Residential Moving Services • Free Estimates • Flexible pricing and payment options • Move coordination • Expert packing, loading & hauling • Excellent customer service • Expansive network of agents, drivers, and employees
- Bekins, Wheaton
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- Southwest Houston, South Main
National Association of Senior Move Managers, American Moving & Storage Association, Better Business Bureau, Move For Hunger.
- National Association of Senior Move Managers ProMover Better Business Bureau
- Movers, Moving Services-Labor & Materials, Movers & Full Service Storage, Storage Household & Commercial, Movers-Commercial & Industrial, Local Trucking Service
We hired VIP Movers in July to move from Houston out to Sugar Land, about 30 min away. As other reviewers mentioned, they are great on the phone. Very courteous, very attentive, very friendly. They showed up at 9 AM with 3 guys. The first guy, Lawrence, was excellent. You could tell he knew what he was doing and was very professional. The 2nd mover, Tray, kept going outside and was on his phone a lot. The 3rd mover, Cedric, was very slow, and kept stopping to text and check his messag...view morees. Lawrence had to show him how to tape on the blankets (!!). They showed up without their tools and didn't know how to take apart basic beds. Lawrence had to do everything himself. Tray left after talking on the phone for an hr, and talking to someone who'd pulled up to the house outside for another 40 min. Apparently his little girl had a bad accident. He left by noon after barely doing any moving. Called Lerry Williams, the owner and he said he would "take care of it." In the meanwhile, Cedric was scratching up our brand new maple floors with the dolly. They hadn't put anything down on the wood floor and he was digging the dolly into the floor to lift up stacks of boxes. My entire living room and dining room have deep scratches in the floor. At this point it was just the two of them working, with Lawrence doing the majority of the work. It was very obvious that Cedric wasn't a professional mover. He was super-tired and kept taking water breaks. Later in the afternoon he admitted to my brother-in-law (who had to come over and help unload the truck!!) that he actually worked at the VA hospital and was just 'helping out' a friend who couldn't work that day. So basically we had 1 real mover. At 4 pm Lerry sent 2 other guys with another truck to help Lawrence. They were not exactly polite or friendly and seemed to be in very bad moods because they had to come out and help with this job. They took 10 hrs just to load up the truck -and we had everything packed, it's not like we were still filling up boxes when they got there. We were done and ready. By the time we got to Sugar Land, it was 8 pm. The two extra guys emptied their entire truck into the garage and left immediately. They didn't bring anything into the house, they didn't help reassemble the beds and they didn't put any boxes where they belong. They left at 9 pm. My husband and brother-in-law helped unload the other truck and helped put the furniture back together. There is no way Lawrence and Cedric would have finished without their help. They finished at 2 AM. Nothing was where it belonged. In addition they BROKE our antique dining table. Clearly they didn't know how to load it onto the truck and tried to use the pedestal as leverage for lifting the top onto the truck. It was a nightmare to say the least. They also BROKE the frame to our king-size bed. At 2 AM, when they finally emptied the truck, Lerry tried to charge me the 3-man-rate for 16hrs. I said there is no way I'm paying for 3 professional movers when he only sent me 1 professional mover. I ended up paying $500 with a promise from him to pay the invoices for the floor repair and table repair. Obviously he hasn't paid a dime. This was the worst experience ever. I have filed a complaint with the BBB as well, but it's slow-going. And clearly Lerry has no scruples about lying to the BBB about what he'd agreed and promised us. Very, very unprofessional. Horrible, traumatic moving experience.view lessShare Review
If I could give them zero stars, I would!
Imagine this: we call and speak to the owner months before our move date and are impressed that he calls back on a Sunday and quotes a reasonable price. We tell him that we will be buying many large items at IKEA and need to have it picked up and driven one hour north to Huntsville. He says that it would be no problem and that the driver can meet us in the pick-up area.
So, with VIP Movers reserved, we drive from California to Houston ...view morein 2 days (11 hours of driving each day), and we only have two days to purchase, move, and set up our daughter's apartment for college before my husband is due back at work.
On Saturday, we get a confirmation call from VIP stating that they will be outside IKEA at 1pm Sunday. I ask for a number to call since the office is closed on Sunday, and Salvador gives me his mobile number.
We get to IKEA, select our items and roll 4 large pallets outside to the pick-up area. Shortly before 1pm, I call to tell them what we are wearing so that they can spot us.
Ten minutes later, I get a call from the driver saying that they are running "a little" late and that they will be there at 2:30 or 3pm instead. I am shocked to hear this, as it is hot, sunny, and humid outside and that will mean waiting a possible two hours in this weather. Of course, it is too late to book another mover, so we have to wait.
When it hits 3pm (now 2 hours later), we learn that they are "wrapping up" the other job and should be to IKEA "shortly".
To shorten our story of misery, ends up we get desperate at 4pm and make calls to see if there is a U-Haul rental nearby. There is, but it closes at 4:30pm. My husband heads over there, and right when he is signing the contract, my daughter finally gets a text message saying they are available now (at 4:25pm for a 1pm appointment!). We end up having to load the truck, drive, and move furniture to a second floor apartment, and my husband has a hernia for which the doctor warned him to not lift anything over 20 pounds. It was like a bad nightmare and a very poor introduction to Texas.
I will never forget waiting 3.5 hours outside of IKEA in that humidity. So much for all the pre-planning and the confirmation call the prior day!
Needless to say, this is an experience that I would never want anyone else to have, so I will be writing reviews to warn consumers everywhere. You will not be surprised to learn that despite several messages to the company and one actual contact with a person there today, we have received no call back of apology. There is no way to ever get back the time we lost in setting up our daughter's apartment, and I am afraid to find out the damage it did to my husband's hernia by having to do all that lifting.view less