I came here for my fiance's birthday to have a nice dinner date. I can say right from the get go, things just went downhill. Our hostess that sat us down was not very nice to us at all... she looked at me and my fiance up and down and gave a us a snooty look and showed us to our table. She tossed our menus on the table and left us. As we were sitting, my fiance and I saw that other workers were sitting in the corner have their lunch/dinner break. He and I both understood that everyone needs their break, but no one told anyone that we had been sitting there for about 10 minutes with no one asking what we wanted to drink. Finally I saw our hostess and gave a look showing I was about to leave and she finally told our waiter that we were sitting there. He took our drink order and it took him 15 minutes to even get us our water (Now mind you, they were not busy at all due to it being around 4pm). He then took our food order and brought our salad out within 10 minutes... which wasn't a lot either, nor was there enough breadsticks. Our food took about 15 minutes and then it took 10 minutes for the guy to even notice that my fiance and I were done with our food. He refilled our water once even though it was obvious we were out and then it took him 10-15 minutes to even pick up the bill from us. From this review you can already tell I did not give him a well deserved tip. I personally will not come back to this Olive Garden.
Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Since its founding in Orlando in 1982, Olive Garden has been dedicated to providing a warm, welcoming dining experience and Italian hospitality to everyone who walks in the door. Today, our 800+ restaurants have evolved with our customers' favorites in mind. Inspired by Italian generosity and love of amazing food, our menu is always expanding to ensure that there is something new to try and something everyone will enjoy. That means you can indulge in classic Italian favorites like Chicken Parmigiana and Fettuccine Alfredo served with the salad and breadsticks you love. And take your pick from our scrumptious appetizers, entrées, desserts, wines and specialty drinks. Plus, explore special menus with children's, gluten-sensitive and lighter fare options. Or order it all ToGo and have your favorite food ready for pickup. At Olive Garden, we believe that life is better together and everyone is happiest with family, however you define it. Which is why we encourage togetherness in everything we do. Bill Darden was just 19-years-old when he opened his first restaurant in 1938. It was a 25-seat luncheonette in Waycross, Ga., called The Green Frog and promised "Service with a Hop." He went on to open the first Olive Garden in Orlando, Florida, in 1982. Olive Garden continues to be the number one full-service Italian restaurant company in the country with more than 800 restaurants bringing Italian hospitality to hungry people around the world.
- You're never too old to enjoy spaghetti. Now, Olive Garden is bringing you spaghetti like you've nev-er tasted before. Discover exciting new twists on an old favorite, from Meatball Deep Dish Spaghetti Pie to Spaghetti Rosso with Chicken & Bacon. These all-new takes on spaghetti start at $12.99. And as always, start with unlimited salad and freshly baked breadsticks, on us. Reimagining Spaghetti is just one way our chefs are giving new life to old favorites. Come together and rediscover your love for spaghetti again at Olive Garden. We're all family here.
- Italian Restaurant Italian Food Pasta Salad Takeout Italian Carry Out
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, diners club, all major credit cards
- South Main, Southwest Houston
- Restaurants, Italian Restaurants, American Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Cuisines: Mediterranean, American, Fast Food, Italian, European, Continental
Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
Posted: 12/3/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I went to this location when my mom was visiting with me. She had never been to Olive Garden and so we decided to give this location a visit. Halfway through dinner, my little daughter noticed a small roach crawling on the wall next to us. She shreiked and pointed it to us. We asked her to calm down and I went to infor the server. She notified the Manager but no one came for at least the next 10 minutes. Although I could see that they knew about it since they were all huddled in the corner and looking at us. Finally, the manager came over and tried to clarify that there was renovation going in the restaurant and a roach may have crawled by. He offered us a $15 gift certificate for our visit next time. Just thought I would post it here.
Posted: 2/12/2007Provided by Citysearch -
We want to thank manager Michael F. and the staff for a most excellent wedding rehearsal dinner. The food and service were superb and we were treated like kings and queens on our special day. We plan to frequent the restaurant often and will highly recommend the Olive Garden for future special occasions.