Book a Table
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Operational since 2002, Mockingbird Bistro is a casual-free, full-service restaurant that serves a range of food items. The restaurant s menu features fried calamari, smoked salmon, Caesar salad, sandwiches, mussels and pasta dishes. It has a bar that offers a selection of wines, including chardonnay, pinot blanc, cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel and merlot. Mockingbird Bistro also serves a variety of desserts, such as chocolate cake, bread pudding, ice cream and sorbets. Additionally, it offers a range of gift certificates and online reservation services. The restaurant has private dining rooms and can accommodate up to 200 guests for various events and functions, including Thanksgiving.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (713) 533-0215
- Payment method:
- Central Houston, Neartown - Montrose
- American Restaurants, French Restaurants, Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch Restaurants, Continental Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Eclectic, American, French, European, Continental, International, Omelets
Alcohol: Full Bar, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
This place is absolute garbage:
1) Lying to guests about the ingredients: they are NOT serving Kobe beef, you just can't get Kobe outside of Japan and why don't you look up the prices for Akaushi beef, which is available in the U.S. and see what I mean? They are not serving kurobuta pork, or even prime pork for that matter. These are just the clearest examples, they regularly lie to guests about what they are being served in a host of other dishes.
2) Marriage: they pour wines a...view morend liquors from an older bottle into a new one. This is not only reprehensible from a sanitation standpoint, it's also illegal. On a more general note, it's a sign the employees at the restaurant don't care.
3) Sanitation: no concept of cleanliness in preparation, plating, or disposal of consumed food; none. I saw, I didn't think I saw something that somewhat resembled...I SAW fish being prepared on the back of a metal pan that was sitting on top of a big grey trashcan.
This is not an opinion of Mockingbird, these things I know because I saw them with my own two eyes; caveat emptor: consider this a public service announcement and forget about this place.view less
The only food that I had since lunch and I had the only different meal at the table. Severely sick starting the next morning. I had fever chills and sever GI problems, I started about 10 hours after the meal and lasted about 12 hours. I wanted them to know that they had a problem and much to my surprise I was verbally abused by the manager ?no one gets sick from eating in my restaurant?.
This is a quaint neighborhood restaurant with a varied menu, warm atmosphere and excellent service. \r
I had the Mediterranean mussels and the gruyere onion soup and both were perfect! \r
The wait and support staff were professional and efficient. \r ...view more
I will be returning very soon!view less
First impressions are everything. The valet were gentlemen and were friendly. The atmosphere was dark, warm, and charming with antiques. I was ready to have a nice time at a happy hour tasting. \r
The Republic wine rep was fantastic and personable; however, I was dismayed by the unprofesional behavior of the restaurant's bar manager. She was eating in front of guests and standing in line before guests to get wine for herself. When I walked up to her and another manager, she ...view morecompletely ignored me, gave me no eye contact, and continued her personal conversation.\r
After two attempts to speak to her, she finally treated me as a guest. When I saw her tongue ring, I stopped taking her behavior personally. She never offered me a happy hour menu, but she did offer me the food pairings. There were no serving utensils, and they looked picked apart like it was a community dish. I had one bite of an appetizer and it was subpar and did not taste fresh.\r
After my unappetizing experience, I left in the middle of the tasting and went to a real happy hour where they have fine dining experience.view less
I have recently been there for a Sunday brunch and I loved everything about the place - the location, design, wonderful staff (really great!) and super delicious food.\r
Definitely will come back for a romantic dinner (interior is really nice) or again for a Sunday brunch:)
The food was excellent. The service was not. Our waitress was condesending (when she managed to stop by the table which wasn't very often). Some people should not be in the service industry. Friendly, helpful, nice.... not words we would use to describe our server. It's a shame. The space is great and food even better, but I'm not going to pay someone to treat us like an inconvenience. Word to the wise; with all of the GREAT restaurants offering GREAT service in Houston, why settle fo...view morer this???view less