Harmony Electric Co Inc
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Energy Management Code Corrections Commercial Contracts Electrical Repair Lights/Outlets Ceiling Fans Security Lighting New Circuits Service Upgrades Inspections Surge Protection Remodeling Design Buildouts Panel Change Outs
- Energy Management Code Corrections Commercial Contracts Electrical Repair Lights/Outlets Ceiling Fans Security Lighting New Circuits Service Upgrades Inspections Surge Protection Remodeling Design Buildouts Panel Change Outs Residential Service
- All Major
- Payment method:
- mastercard, visa, amex, discover
- "Electrical? Houston Calls Harmony"
- Central Houston, Greater Heights
- Our technicians are fully trained and licensed and our company is fully insured.
- Independent Electrical Contractors Association Better Business Bureau Greater Heights Area Chamber of Commerce Houston Heights Association
- Electricians, Lighting Contractors, Electric Contractors-Commercial & Industrial, Real Estate Inspection Service, Electric Generators, Altering & Remodeling Contractors, Home Improvements, Home Repair & Maintenance, Electric Equipment & Supplies-Wholesale & Manufacturers, Lighting Maintenance Service, Surge Protection Devices, Lighting Systems & Equipment, Inspection Service, Computer Cable & Wire Installation, Computers & Computer Equipment-Service & Repair, Electric Equipment & Supplies, Building Contractors, Electric Equipment Repair & Service
- Other Information:
The electrician that came out was very nice and went with me to a couple of places to track down a new timer for my pool pump. He selected the timer and installed it. Now a couple of weeks later my pool company tells me that the wrong voltage timer was installed and this caused my pump motor to burn up. Seeing that this is costing me $525 for a new motor (which was replaced within the last 2 years) I also am having to pay them for the installation of the correct voltage timer which was another $250. When you add in taxes I am having to pay $800 for something that should have cost me perhaps $275. Oh and that is not counting the nearly $200 I paid the electrician. My pool company has recommended that I not use their services again and I have to agree.
This customer was advised by our tech that the pump was defective and that it needed to be replaced. At the advice of her pool tech, she insisted we change out the timer, which she purchased and we went above and beyond the call of duty to help her even though we told her it would not fix the problem. She preferred to listen to an unlicensed pool tech. We had to charge for our time. We tried to save her the cost but she would not take our advice. The pump was not working when we arrived.
Very friendly but very expensive. They charge $127 for a quote and for small fixtures they wanted to charge me $3000.
This customer was advised that we do not do free estimates especially when he lived in another city and because there was troubleshooting involved. The price was negotiated before we arrived at his home. He was quoted a price for a long list of code corrections at an apartment complex which also included permitting the job but no lighting was involved as he stated. He received a professional inspection and written estimate to obtain a permit and repair unsafe electrical, immediately, ensure missing and damaged junction box knockouts and conduit covers were in place, ensure proper grounding and water bonds, repair or remove open wiring, open splices, exposed romex, single conductors, unsecured receptacles, replace broken/rusted conduit and support conduit on exteriors of building and repair or remove open wiring, open splices, exposed romex, single conductors, unsupported receptacles on exteriors or building including at exterior lights. So you can see that the repairs were extensive and the possibilities of unknown factors were extensive because previous work had not been performed by licensed electricians. The scope of work was extensive and we do not risk our license or reputation by performing low quality electrical work. And by the way, the bill was sent in June of 2014 but only a small portion was paid in September of 2015.
We needed a new box and a riser. I found Harmony Electric on the BBB website and the reviews were great. I had made my mind up but decided to get one more bid and am so glad I did. Dennis gave me a much better price and the service is excellent. Their pricing is sooooo affordable and they are super nice people.
Dennis was most courteous when I was making my appointment. The service technician was on time, neatly dressed in company clothing and the service truck was clearly identified with business name.
Repair was promptly done and the technician explained the repair work done where I could understand what he was talking about.
Yes, I will definitely use them again and would recommend you do so as well.
It's rare to find a company that is 5 stars all around:
they did an excellent job in a timely manner
my bill was within the estimate they gave me
my electrician had great integrity and work ethic
and the owner of the company is kind to his employees and very helpful to my questions over the phone (the electrician commented on the way the owner cared for he and his colleague, and how this was a very small company..."mom and pop shop")
My bill was very reasonable for a day's work installing a new plug in the kitchen with all new wiring from my attic, replacing three other plugs, and hooking up my cooktop. It wasn't easy work but Raul's years of experience paid off in the details. He was very pleasant, never complaining, and extremely informative as he explained to me how he would do the job while patiently answering my questions.
I would definitely hire them again. No doubts...when you find a company you can trust, you want to pass on the good word, so I hope you will enjoy their work as much as I did.
Thank you so much. We have great employees and great customers. Thank you for the kind words and for taking your time to review our company. Happy New Year!
We used Harmony Electric for the first time September 2010, taking a chance on a Yellow Pages ad. We were not disappointed. The appointment was promptly arranged, and the technician called before his earlier-than-expected arrival. He was polite, neat, considerate, completed the work efficiently, and the charges were very reasonable. We will definitely be using Harmony Electric whenever we need such service in the future.
We really appreciate your trust in us. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to serving you in the New Year!