We love visiting the Contemporary Arts Museum and find ourselves doing so at least once a quarter. For starters, its free, so we'll stop in after lunch on the weekends and not feel obligated to spend all day and get our $20 out of the experience. Also, the exhibits are always changing, so we are constantly experiencing something new and learning about a new artist. For Houstonians or those visiting, the CAMH is a mus... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Contemporary Arts MuseumAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Contemporary Arts Museum, located in Houston, offers contemporary art and artists. The museum offers a variety of educational programs and events for children, teens and adults. Contemporary artifacts, the museum s educational program for schools is supported by grants from M.D. Anderson Foundation, Lee and Joseph D. Jamail Foundation, and Marian and Speros Martel Foundation Endowment. Contemporary Arts Museum offers a variety of programs for children and their parents. For each major exhibition, the museum organizes a Houston Chronicle family day, offering family tours and hands-on art activities related to the current exhibition. It also offers activity kits for young children, which includes a family guide and special activities for children. The kits presented in English and Spanish are available free of charge at the information desk. Teachers and school groups visit the museum, and avail free of charge discussion and activity-based group tours.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (713) 284-8275
- Exhibitions, Tours, Talks and Lectures, Performances, Film & Video, Art Essay Reading Group, Events, Educational Programs, Internships, School and Group Tours.
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Located in Houston's Museum District
- South Central Houston, The Museum District
- Admission is always Free! The Brown Foundation gallery, Zilkha Gallery
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- Museums, Tourist Information & Attractions