Add to mybook
Aikido At The Aikibudokan
Anyone can learn martial arts and effective self-defense with enough effort, focus and practice time on the mat.
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- We first began in martial arts in the late 1960's and early 1970's in Tae Kwon Do and Kodokan Judo competition. After discovering Aikido and classical Samurai weapons such as the staff (jo), the sword (ken) and knife work (tanto) we decided that we had found a home in a martial arts specialty that allows anyone to become physically fit and find a balance and a grounded center in their life while building martial arts expertise and very effective self-defense skills. Since no competition is involved (and extreme fitness is not required such as in marathon running) a long term study can be undertaken by both male and female to improve body, mind and spirit; all qualities that are valuable in today's world.
- Lessons in Aikido and self-defense. Classes in classical old-style Samurai weapons including jo (staff), ken (wooden sword), iaido (metal sword).
- Aiki Budo training DVD's, HSU gi's & training uniforms
- Payment method:
- check, no credit cards, travelers checks
- Easy access from and convenient to West Houston/Katy, Bellaire/Galleria, Hwy 529, Jersey Village/Cypress/1960 and The Heights & Inner Loop/Midtown/Downtown areas. Located at Bingle and Hwy 290. Turn off of 290 and take Bingle traveling north. The dojo is located in the Crown Door Business Park which is on Bingle between 290 and Tidwel, just past the light at Pinemont.
- Northwest Houston, Fairbanks - Northwest Crossing
- Separate dressing rooms for both male and female students with hangers & storage for clothes and training uniforms. Separate male and female restrooms. Media room with reference DVD's and books. 2,500 square foot Kodokan/Olympic level sprung floor with canvas cover set on 800 steel springs (largest floor of it's type in TX).
- Muso Zato Isana Tomiki Ryu, North American San Shin Kai, Texas Jodokai
- Martial Arts Instruction, Martial Arts Equipment & Supplies, Self Defense Instruction & Equipment, Sporting Goods
- Other Information: